Sign in to follow this  
Alliexx

Mud Road End

How did you manage to make a road just of ends?

Ouch... can't u reverse to an older backup file? I have around 2000 pews :)

btw: attention to guys converting mud roads of A1 to A2 - piece sizes don't match(sloppy work!) even if they state 6m,12m etc. - you have to export pieces, delete and re-import.

Hi all,

The mud road i used was NOT from roads folder(arma1) it is the mud road from arma2.

The pieces you still see are the end pieces i can not remove, i allready removed the road in the picture, its just the end parts that will not be deleted of your map.

Yes i do have backups, and i can export placed objects back to my backup.

Its just that i wanted to make a note on this, and i was hoping i could remove it from my existing PEW file, i did place a lot of roads which i can not export, so in the end i have to redo my roads.

So to all people who were thinking of mud roads, DON't generate end pieces !!!, it will fck up your pew file.

Have fun, Later,

Allie

I usually back up my pew at least once while I'm working and it is a good idea to save to these backups as much as possible. And roads can be exported as text files btw.

I had that kind of issue with my ArmA maps. I have never been able to erase them from map and always had to start back from my previous backup, I have 5 CD full ...

Never encounrered this issue with ArmA2 roads, but had some crashes while turning roads to adjust crossings, have already lost some hours of work.

I am going to save and make backup more often !

Sorry Alliexx, I tried:

- removing mudroad terminator

- checking it in buldozer

- adding mudroad terminator

- checking it in buldozer

Mud road terminators work perfectly. I even tried ODOL and MLOD formats, both work.

OldBear: ditto.

Hey guys,

I didn't dare putting a mud road back in again, but now u, Icebreakr, say everything is working for you.

This is strange.

I gave up on trying to remove the parts, i went back to a backup and had to just redo my 2 hour road laying, all is fine again.

I must say i did have this problem in the former visitor version for Arma1 too, you place some object, and it will never be removed, i even tried to hexedit the .PEW file.

I will just backup more often now, still i hoped somebody had an idea to get rid of it.

I'll test my mudroad tonight on an empty island to see whats going on.

By the way, any of you checked out that Namalsk island yet? This guy has set a very high standard for island making, my island needs to be minimum like that and preferable better.

Later,

Alphons

Alliexx: well, I learned the hard way with Visitor. Didn't do backups and after about 8 hours of hard work I've noticed three bridges standing on middle of plains on Southeast part of map. Of course, they didn't show up in Visitor, only in Buldozer and ingame :o

Only way? Yup, loose 8 hours of work and start all over again. Since then I make backup every few minutes :)

Visitor loves to crash when placing down roads (moving/rotating + select) and other objects. And always do backup before you use Random vegetation placement script... undo of 5000 trees just doesn't work (a.k.a. CTD) ;)