Sign in to follow this  
rabs

Would buy the game, but dont know if problem is fixed.

Is the problem with grass textures and long distance drawing fixed either through mod or developer.

ArmA2Demo2009-09-2814-47-42-10.jpg

ArmA2Demo2009-09-2814-47-31-09.jpg

The difference between the textured grass and, worse than ofp1 muddy texture is just too much for me too handle? Has this been fixed or can I fix it on my end?

Increasing the visibility does not increase the distance the grass is drawn out to. It just increases the bigger stuff like trees and mountains. My main problem is with the horrible looking trees and ground at anything more than 500 feet away.

Increasing the visibility does not increase the distance the grass is drawn out to. It just increases the bigger stuff like trees and mountains. My main problem is with the horrible looking trees and ground at anything more than 500 feet away.

depends on the multiplayer mission. some servers can set the render distance of grass. I don't find it a game stopper at all.

some servers can set the render distance of grass.

Is that adjustable client side, because I am more interested in single player anyway?

If so, do i use the developer console or what?

I couldnt agree more with rabs.

Graphics textured grass reminds me of OFP. Is it possible to have textured grass all over the field?

There is a mod I believe that will increase grass distance but why do you think it is only rendered in a certain circuference ? Performance... increase everything add lots more objects etc. and the performance will be even more dyre than it is now.

There is a mod I believe that will increase grass distance but why do you think it is only rendered in a certain circuference ? Performance... increase everything add lots more objects etc. and the performance will be even more dyre than it is now.

Do you have any idea as to what the mod was called?

As far as performance I would gladly trade texture detail or anything in the game for a 1km of grass. My computer handles the game pretty alright.

LandTex texture addon was mentioned and linked.

For higher object drawdistance - check here: DRAW DISTANCE by KJU

All your problems solved. Skipping this game for these issues is mental.