Sign in to follow this  
neojd[ny]

Artefacts and Graphic Bugs till crash Poll

I do have this graphic bugs and I use...  

93 members have voted

1. 1. I do have this graphic bugs and I use...

ok mine seems to be fixed (fingers crossed)

upgraded to vista64 service pack2

re installed nvidia driver 191.07

have managed to use the editor and setup a small battle and kept that running for over 10 to 15 mins, no crash at all

tried armoury for around 20 minutes, no crash at all

tried single player campaign mission and got to the place where it used to crash, no graphical crash at all

so I am happy at the minute

it does make me realize I need to get a new computer though :(

so there is hope folks

I will report back if any errors or graphical crashes

I had this Artefacts and "bugs" too in the past.... first thing i noticed was if i oc my graphicscard just a bit it happent every time.... setting CCC to default it worked for me.... but then it came without any ocing... so i was playing a bit with my ccc every option this and that n blab n blah and was buying a new cooler for my card...since then i never had any issues again :) and! my game now runs so much better dunno why ;D

darn it

just crashed

but I managed to play longer than I did with service pack 1 on vista

now I do not know what to do

I was getting artifacts with Win XP 32bit but since updating to Win7 64bit I have not had any... yet. Will post back if I do.

found that it could be a video ram issue :(

which could be due to overheating or my gpu going wrong :(

now the issue only happens in arma2

using a msi 8800gt 512 which was overclocked from the factory

so am trying to find some safe underclocking values

at present using msi afterburner I have it set to :

core clock : 620 (was 650 - 660)

shader clock : 1550

memory clock : 930

temp has not gone over 65 running arma 2 in windowed mode

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

this link might help people :

http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html

yeah it might not, all depends on the card you have, how old it is and what the symptoms are.

it might not even be a video ram issue, it just looks like one.

but i have found I can play arma2 by underclocking my card

but I have faced the fact that I do need to either do some major upgrading (graphics card, processor and possibly some better hard disks) or get a brand new pc.

I bet arma 1 looks amazing on the hardware I have, will have to get in contact with metaboli and get the download going

I get the same thing running the latest beta patch and windows 7 64 bit. Nvidia GPU in SLI 8800GTX

that's really annoying. Any solution for that?

I have a similar weird flashy thing where the screen goes white problem with one gpu and 4gb ram, others say its too much ram. BUT when I take the ram out i still have this issue in seven and when I put in my second crossfire card (HD4890) it is no longer blocky but weird flashy stuff still there. BUT I still get crap performance 12- 25 fps and random CTD. so I made the switch to xp and got the worst graphics corruption ever! Looks like 8bit colour with the wierd flashy thing still present. I even run my windows7 64bit with four gigs ram and the game is JUST playable only occaisonal weird flashy stuff and 20 fps. I think vista ran it better. I have tried all the shortcut switches and nothing works.

Q9650 3.6ghz, Corsair DDR3 1600, GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo, two Sapphire HD4890 crossfired, western digital (7) and seagate (XP) HDD

If you watched the number of Nvidia cards having the problem and notice that they are all the same. NEWEST DRIVERSfor Nvidia, all relatively new cards... The ATI people tend to have a different problem and their problem is that their card is just generally overheating <- Fix: Get more fans. Well, for the Nvidia fans of the bunch... All you must do is roll back the driver to a more stable driver that is known to work with ARMA2. I had the same problem, Artefacts then major FPS drop then CTD. I rolled my drivers back the the May 2009 version(185.85 WHQL) and voila, the graphics problems stopped. Hope this helps for many others of you WITH NVIDIA CARDs.

Edited by h3killa

Uhh, Those look like a fried GPU to me. There not consistent. All the Nvidia CTD and "artifacts" are in the same general area. Textures disappearing, low FPS, the CTD. Those are just Video Ram problems. Could be from overheating earlier on, faulty card, or trying to OC your card beyond its potential and ARMA 2 making it worse.

Edited by h3killa

I have read the whole thread and made own analysis and i can say you, its not overheating, overclocking or defect graphic cards. Please inform yourself before making false pretences or presumptions. Usualy this graphic artefacts are a sign for overheating, to high overclocking or defect graphic cards, but not in this case.

Isn't that what I just said? Did you understand? I said roll back you drivers if you are using a Nvidia card. If you have an ATI card I have no clue because I don't use one. It is something with how the new drivers execute the video memory. Take it or leave it. Now stop trolling and causing problems.

I solved this problem for me:

I have a GTX260 with 865 MB RAM. When I put the Video-Memory to "High" (before I used very high or default) I never ever (starting from the same save game) got the grafical anomalies again.

Still it has stutters and sometimes ctds so I won't play it anymore till the next patch comes out - but the strange triangles and squares are definitely gone.