Sign in to follow this  
polecat.uk

Joystick hat and free look

Hi guys

In ofp1 the hat on the joystick was free look you could use it much like track ir to look around freely, it was very easy to use and i loved it (made the game for me) now on the last update of ofp1 it was removed and we had just what we have now i.e you use the hat to look left or right and when you release the hat you auto center, why did they do this?:eek:

It was much better the other way all i can think, its to do with track ir, and there is no way in hell i will ever pay for that to let me do the samething i could do on my joystick hat for free i know you can use track ir to look freely when not flying but i dont see the point as its just as easy to move the mouse and look.

I would like to know if theres anyway i can change the settings for the hat to turn off auto return or is there a mod for this anywhere, if so a link would be nice thanks

You mean that you auto center if you look around using like the 8-directional joystick on a flight stick for example? You can fix this by pressing alt two times (freelook mode), now when you use 8-directional joystick input the view stays where you leave it. When you're not in "freelook mode" you will auto center again.

If you enter freelook mode (double tap ALT i think). You can then use the HAT in the manner you want.

If I remember corectly you can use that previous style of view without problem, only when you are in helo/plane press the button for free look (left alt standartly) and you can use it.