Sign in to follow this  
halleyelec

District 9: The Movie. Your views.

The first alien movie that made me cry since E.T.

Maybe because I was a bit tipsy, but none the less: Loved it.

Laggy

PMSL!!!!:p

I loved it, I almost cried, felt anger and really enjoyed the very end of the film. Really great movie.

Looking forward to Neill Blomkamp's work.

There is some parts with strong feelings but hey I won't spoil. :)

How can it make you cry or sad? Where was the sad part?

I can't understand that either ^^ Didn't recognize anythind sad about this film.

If there was, it was kinda spoiled by the rambo ending.

Of course it was sad! He resorted to eating catmeat!!!:p

?! Crying? AHHHHAHAHAHA!

Good movie. 7/10 for me.

I expect there will be a sequal to the movie. After all, the alien dude said that he would come back within 3 years to turn that dude back into a man. When they return...Humans would have probably acquired the knowledge on how to use the alien technology and combined it with human technology. The aliens are coming to earth and are going to rape the planet, somewhat like independance day... Maybe even turn the whole of the human race into aliens too... Typically though, their will be a war or conflict of somekind. The alien/man guy is probably going to end up stopping the war and their will be a truce or something. Anyway, the movie was banned in Nigeria, which is kind of pathetic - this has probably screwed up some plans that were made for a sequel.

I loved every minute of D9, it ended too quickly for me, one of those movies. Last night i watched the new Star Trek, now that was garbage, a story Ive seen 20times before in other movies, predictable, hammy acting.

I think for me the good thing about D9 is it is NOT a hollywood blockbuster and ST is. I have always prefered non-blockbuster types.

Ah I do not think I've seen this thread lol so I'll go ahead and post if I haven't already.

D9 was an interesting surprise this summer. Even though I did like Star Trek dispite it's rather dopey story, movies this summer were rather bad in the scifi department (Transformers 2, jesus christ Bay, even action movies try to avoid continuity issues) unless you wanted to leave your brain at the door. D9 provided an interesting twist on the idea of first contacts and what happened afterwards, though the idea isn't entirely original, it is most certainly a fresh one. Also, though many seemed to dislike the later third of the film due to it being mostly action, I can only describe in what a friend of mine said when he saw the movie: "I don't think I've had that big of a buzz from a scifi film since Ellen Ripley showed up in that power loader in "Aliens". "

Ultimately the movie leaves the ending pretty open which can hopefully result in some fantastic sequals later on (or some really shitty ones). I think we all want to know what happens when Christopher comes back, or if he even does come back. And being the consumer whore I am, I'm looking forward to the Bluray release and extras.

Edited by Steakslim

I loved it !

The atmosphere the metafores and the setting was really good. I think the location of D9 in Johannesburg was a perfect reinforcment and woke up the little grey's and protraid the homosapiens compared to the aliens. Nice dash of humoristic dialog and scenes, i really liked the guns. I did not expect this kind of movie from Peter Jackson when i first sat down to watch it, but i think it was a good thing to make it like a documentary/reality view point and the overall feel to the movie was growing on me all the way to the ending. There should maybe be another ending to the "story", but im not sure any other ending would be good either.

8/10 (10/10 beeing Aliens - the best movie ever made)