Sign in to follow this  
Dnalwor

Arma 2 graphics issue/ blocky and completely poligonial

First of all i'm running a Intel I7 core 2.67Ghz, 12 GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 285 GTX {190.62 drivers} Windows vista sp 2, all updates etc.

I bought Arma 2 tonight and downloaded the latest patch and patched it after it installed.Upon loading boot camp i come to the graphics looking totally pollygonial and blocky, no textures at all.Looks like a Nintendo 64 game basically.Tried adjusting graphics options etc, no improvement.Whats going on here?

4GB++ computer and arma1&2 cause often problem. they say 64bit binary is not usefull. i know though you can resolve that , in limiting your used memory with msconfig.

limit ram to 4GB , reboot , and test

4GB++ computer and arma1&2 cause often problem. they say 64bit binary is not usefull. i know though you can resolve that , in limiting your used memory with msconfig.

limit ram to 4GB , reboot , and test

He has a i7 platform, i use a i7 platform and have 6gb, no issues, i know of three other i7s with 12gb, 12gb and 24gb, they do not have the issue...they have 295, 4980, tri285s,...odd that he has this issue. Edited by kklownboy

Try using the startparameter in Arma2.lnk : "-winxp".

Ty, this helped me (I was seeing horrible graphics and I have 8gig of ram)

i dunno what arma2.lnk is but I did this to my shotcut on my desktop:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp

I also changed the Compatibility to WinXP Service pack 2 just in case, my game works fine now ^^