Sign in to follow this  
Bob117

Arma 2 Aircraft

I've been playing Arma 2 for a short time now and I only have 2 suggestions for the love of god cant you have a missile lock warning included in all aircraft so that you know when your about to be fired on. And customiable loadouts like maybe you want to have all laser guided bombs. Oh and one thing I just remembered how about the ability for lift helicopters to be able to lift main battle tanks like the M1A1. hopefulyl these are things that will be included in the next patch

the rreason you cant have all gbu bombs on all pylons is cause of physics. The outer part of the wing cant support the weight. And such a loadout does not excist in real life.

Addons/missions will let you lift tanks and all. Dont worry. Custom loadouts on aircrafts - same answer. Missile warning - test Myke's re-released ARMA2 F16.

Its all coming in one way or another. Youll see how far the modding community takes this game. Just wait and watch. ;)

Hey I installed that add on followed all the directions and I dont see any f-16's when i join a server nor when I begin map editing can i add any

Hey I installed that add on followed all the directions and I dont see any f-16's when i join a server nor when I begin map editing can i add any

The addon has to be included server-side, and the mission has to include the addon. There aren't any F-16s in the missions you're playing online.

I've been playing Arma 2 for a short time now and I only have 2 suggestions for the love of god cant you have a missile lock warning included in all aircraft so that you know when your about to be fired on. And customiable loadouts like maybe you want to have all laser guided bombs. Oh and one thing I just remembered how about the ability for lift helicopters to be able to lift main battle tanks like the M1A1. hopefulyl these are things that will be included in the next patch

You can't have missile lock warning in stock arma 2 because the missiles are passively IR guided and do not provide anything to warn the target aircraft. That said there are mods that include radar guided missiles so I would hope they warn you.

As has been said you wouldn't be able to fit all lgbus on all pylons on your plane because of physics. The wings would fall off. You can customize the loadouts, simply edit the init field of your plane in the editor to include the right weapons.

Also, as far as I know there is no helicopter in arma2 so far that could successfully lift an m1 and carry it around. Once again, physics doesn't allow.

Wwell I found the RSKL countermeasure mod more to my liking unfortunately it causes the cannon crosshairs on planes to dissapear and its audio alert could be more urgent but its cool cause its fully automatic. too bad add ons cant just be client side lots of servers dont have this add on but im gonna get our clans server to add it

the rreason you cant have all gbu bombs on all pylons is cause of physics. The outer part of the wing cant support the weight. And such a loadout does not excist in real life.

You are completely incorrect mate.

What people forget about physics when it comes to aircraft, is the aerodynamic aspect of it. I could go into the math but basically the wing is what is lifting the entire airframe and allowing it to fly. Thus the force distribution is almost always pointing up hence "lifting" the wing.

The downward force of the outer stores comes into affect heavily on the landing impact velocity and a little on extremely high-g+lowlift maneuvers that are rarely encountered and, if so, the pilot will probably have the sense to jettison the outer stores if the emergency rises that he/she needs to pull such a maneuver.

Here are examples of aircraft with large weapons for outer stores (including iron bombs and LGBs)

A-10 Loadout

F-18 Loadout

Such a loadout DOES exist in real life.

Back to the topic...if you have ARMA1 you should definitely try out the F-18E/F mod that has the ability to customize loadouts and everything in game right at the airbase. It is absolutely superb!

Something i did the other day which worked to some repsect, was flying around upward of 5000 feet and then just dive bombing targets when needed but before you dive cut the engines, find & lock on to your biggest threat AA obv, fire when you can then pull up, use the speed you picked up from the dive to get as far away as possible before you open up the engines again.

It wasnt fall proof by any means but it certainly allowed for more enjoyable flight rather then being shot down within 10 mins.

I should point out that this was in AV-8B as it's Mk82's need to be quite close to target before it locks on, if you were using LGB's you could use this to alot more effect as you can be some 4500m away.

Yeh RKSL is a good addition. The custom flares are good, it's either fully auto or manual and the AI use it.

The physics don't really come into it when you add extra weapons in the init field. I have an A-10, MQ-9 and OH-58 loaded up with standard AND 16xMk84, 16xAGM-65, 16xAGM-84, Vulcan and bucket loads of AIM-9L /9X and AIM-120.

Clearly this is VERY unrealistic. It does prove that you can add tons of weapons and it still flies the same.

Helicopters can lift the MBTs. You need a rope (e.g. Fast Rope) and the attachTo command.

I guess id have to do some editing then to the maps. So how what would I edit and how would I type the command?

Edited by Bob117