Sign in to follow this  
cobra4v320

Cannot Delete Old MP Missions

Does anyone know how to delete mission out of ARMA2? I have several missions that I have deleted out of my folders but they still show up under the multiplayer create game menu.

Where are you deleting them from, I think they're stored in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

Where are you deleting them from, I think they're stored in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

That's for Windows Vista, in case u use Windows XP you should check in:

X:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache

Im using Vista and could not locate it at that locations you specified. I have even gone as far as deleting the game and reinstalling. The missions are still there so it is being stored somewhere just cant seem to figure this out.

I even cleaned out the registry.

Make sure you show 'hidden files and directories' in Explorer, or you won't see the above mentioned paths.

@Inkompetent

Thanks that worked but I still cannot delete those missions out of the system.

Windows XP and Windows 2003

To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.

2. Double-click on the My Computer icon.

3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.

4. After the new window appears select the View tab.

5. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.

6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.

8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

9. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

10. Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

Windows Vista

To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.

2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.

3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.

4. When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:

If you are in the Classic View do the following:

1. Double-click on the Folder Options icon.

2. Click on the View tab.

3. Go to step 5.

If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:

1. Click on the Appearance and Personalization link .

2. Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.

3. Go to step 5.

5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

6. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.

7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

9. Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

Edited by cobra4v320

Are those editor missions or PBOs? The game saves missions in 3 different folders (exact location for the latter 2 depends on your OS I suppose):

- mpmissions in the game installation folder: Stores missions that you did "export to multiplayer" to from the editor (the missions folder will hold the "export to single" missions). These appear in the "normal" color in the mission selection screen.

- mpmissioncache in documents and settings: Stores missions that were received from online servers. These don't appear in the mission selection screen but also won't need to be re-downloaded when you play them again on a server.

- mpmissions in my documents: The only place where missions are stored as folders and not PBOs. This saves the missions you make with the editor and simply name and save as a "user mission". Each folder will have a mission.sqm and anything else you placed in it (the editor itself only creates the mission.sqm file). Those missions appear in blue color in the mission selection screen.

There are also wizard missions that are saved in my documents and appear in orange at the mission selection screen.

These are user made missions that I exported over to MP missions.

I have checked in program files>Bohemia Interactive> Arma2>MPMissions

and there is nothing in there.

I have checked in program files>Bohemia Interactive> Arma2>Missions

and there is nothing in there.

I have checked in user>documents>arma2>missions and there is nothing there.

Well, that leaves user>documents>arma2>mpmissions of course.

What color do they appear in at the mission selection screen? If they appear in multiplayer in blue color, then the above directory is where you will find them (assuming the path you gave for the missions folder is the correct one for your OS).

Take a look in

C:\Users\~~\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\MPMissions

When Vista / Win7 sees a program writing to program files without full permissions, it'll throw it in there. As far as the game knows its actually in the game folders.

Quick fix? Delete the missions from that folder.

Permanent fix? Give your user "Full Control" of ArmA 2's installation folder, then next time they'll be saved in the right place.

@bhaz

Awesome thanks that did the trick. It would be nice to just have an in game delete button. :yay:

Running the game as an administrator also works, but can create a shitstorm when your Vent or Teamspeak key stops working with A2 open. Applications running without admin privs cant communicate with those running with admin privileges.

edit: assuming you didn't turn off UAC

Edited by bhaz

I'm the admin on my computer and the UAC is still on. It would still be easier to just have an in game delete mission button. But now that I know where to find them no big deal. :)