Sign in to follow this  
LockDOwn

question about mods and multiplayer

If I DL mods, does it matter unless the MP server you are using has them as well?

Moved

Moved

Lol, you might be a moderator on the ArmAHolic forums...but not here....anyway, yes this should be moved to Multiplayer when the first legit moderator is available.

5 Posts and no answer, good job, now were not just spamming with bullets on the battlefield are we? :P

Ok now for the answer.

There are some Mods which can be used client-side (that is you) without the server having it installed (such as Soundmods, Texturemods).

Other Mods like AI-Enhancement have to be installed on the server-side too, because they affect the whole mission not only your viewpoint.

Some Mods are required by the Mission you're playing. So you will just need them in order to join the Server at all.

Hope i forgot nothing^^

Well, actually AI-modifying addons are okay to use as well, as long as they only do things on your computer (and thus only affect AI that is local to your computer. Unless you are the server it means the AI in your squad).

I think sempavieh refers to SLX though, which currently is NOT safe to use in multiplayer unless the server has it as well.

Using replacement configs (to 'reskin' units or weapons), extra units, sound mods and so should all be fine though, unless the addon is oddly made. The extra units can't of course be used unless the server has the addon and the mission includes them, but there's no harm in them being installed.

Beware of false moderators!

yeah, thought you would see the "move" report sooner...

Edited by Blueteamguy