Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Check out this game.

Strategy games make me cry smile.gif

FPS' on the other hand make me moist in a completely other way wink.gif

New World Order

Looks a shade generic but there's an MP beta coming out Tuesday so I shall judge it then smile.gif

seems like A old game in a new box.. different name.. different time frame.. same ideas and stuff..

its like calling quake3 a "new" idea... its just quake 1 in a prettier dress..

I downloaded the Superpower-demo and I could get it to install properly...some graphics problem. Lazy as I am, I didnt do anything about it, just flushed the demo out the toilett. smile.gif

Please tell me Foxer if its any good.

to make the SuperPower demo to work, you need DX8.1 (I had the same problem until I installed DX 8.1). The demo is more of a random desktop crasher, click one wrong button in the game and you're back to your desktop. But I hear that this demo (number 1) is pretty old and there's a new demo coming out soon, maybe next month or so, that will be closer to the real game.

As for the game itself, it looks promising. Imagine playing for one of 140 nations, and putting yourself as it's leader. You got to set taxes, make trade deals with other nations, research new technologies, buy new military units for your army/navy/airforce; you can spy on your enemies or friends, and my favorite part, send terrorists/assasins/sabatours to other nations to wreck havoc for them. You can even set up a puppet government that you control. Starting wars is fun, get to invade your neighbors, and if you really hate them, launch nukes at them. The battles are a bit awkward at first, the battle maps aren't the nicest looking thing in the world, but it works and you don't need a super computer to play it. I probably going to buy it when I comes out this week, and I'll write back when I see the final version.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 24 2002,15:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bah.

This is the best game EVER.<span id='postcolor'>

Then you don't know what you're missing!

Well,i played it.

Problems,

you gotta click one unit at an time and move him.Soo when you have like 30 different types of units,you gotta click each one.Maybe i'm missing something.

If you just attack everyone ,they will all attack you at once,sounds cool right ? Well,it is but,They sent like 30-50 groups of units to my base,Soo i had to sit there and hit auto batle button.It was ok for the first 10 ,but sucked the last 40.

The demo is very bugging,becareful on what button you hit,or you could crash.

Maybe retail will be better,but i'll wait for another demo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 24 2002,06:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bah.

This is the best game EVER.

fdda63ff.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

LOL I REMEMBER THAT GAME!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 23 2002,22:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Strategy games make me cry smile.gif

FPS' on the other hand make me moist in a completely other way wink.gif

New World Order

Looks a shade generic but there's an MP beta coming out Tuesday so I shall judge it then smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

THat reminds me of a better version of Deus Ex...

I always laugh at this when I read it.

bdintro.gif

Ninjas, eh? It's from Bad Dudes, and old NES game.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Deus Ex @ Mar. 24 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 24 2002,06:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bah.

This is the best game EVER.

fdda63ff.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

LOL I REMEMBER THAT GAME!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Which game is this?