FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

505 must have had a heads up when Codies editorial was going in from the advertisers and played them off for the back-page!

Problem is that most people buy magazines for the content rather than the adverts. And in that magazine theyll read the review that says :

While ArmA II had the potential to be superb Dragon Rising actually is
Some people will doubtless hate it, saying it's not a par on ArmA II, moaning about how it isn't realistic enough or that the PLA don't have accurate uniforms, but I advise you to ignore the naysayers and play the game.

Problem is that most people buy magazines for the content rather than the adverts. And in that magazine theyll read the review that says :

Wasnt that the review written by the guy who wrote that he didnt like OFP in the same article? :p

Same guy. The "I did not finish the OFP campaign because it was too difficult"-guy :)

He also said that there are no "patronizing" hints telling you how to move, but you can clearly see one at 0:38 in this video. :rolleyes:

First mission in DR is a tutorial as well, so theres a few hints in it.

Also regarding the review, he said nowhere that he didnt like the first OFP - he just said he didn't complete it. The frustration (not in a good way) with the game was a major criticism of it.

You can read the review and see for yourself here :

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=224624

Tell me where he said he didn't like it?

Well, if something frustrates me to the point I can't be arsed finishing it, it usually means I don't like it?

never once drags you by the pubes down
by the pubes
pubes

Cant take anyone seriously who still makes the same jokes since they were 12.

The problems with the original OFP are well known. You're just find something in that review to dismiss it. That is the only thing you can come up with.

The problems with the original OFP are well known. You're just find something in that review to dismiss it. That is the only thing you can come up with.

I don't have to search to be attacked by a prepubescent tone of that review.

I honestly couldn't believe it was actually published in a magazine...

Well, so far he's made two known-to-be false statements:

• No "patronizing" movement hints.
  • "These checkpoints actually work. They don't always work..." - 'Nuff said.

UK review for Operation Flaspoint is out on IGN. Final review score is 8.1.

The 2 main issues with the review are that the A.I glitches out a bit too often and also the menus are awquard for a console game. Guess that's the cost for not simplifying the console games in any way.

Anyway you can check it out here.

Edited by GunGraveTZA

Space, again with that review link?

Seriously dude, your sounding like Rain Man spousing out that same review in post after post :rolleyes:

We get it, you love that review...

Well the game releases in US tomorrow. Im sure we'll all know everything about it very soon.

Agreed there. But from the looks all the pre-release reviews for it have been positive, so the post-release ones with a bit of extra polish should be even better. :)

P.S: If anybody is getting the 360 version of the game when it comes out, PM me, apparently the games problems disappear if you play the game through co-op with a headset.

Edited by GunGraveTZA

Second thing I'm going to do when I get my hands on the demo (first will actually be playing it, of course) is do one of those longingly asked-for comparison videos between DR and ArmA II. At least, as much as I could do it based on the demo, which will be limited, of course. I'll conclude it by saying if, based on the demo, I'm going to buy the game.

Agreed there. But from the looks all the pre-release reviews for it have been positive, so the post-release ones with a bit of extra polish should be even better. :)

What polish?

The game has been GOLD for a couple of weeks.

What polish?

The game has been GOLD for a couple of weeks.

lol an BIS fan saying that the Gold version is the final version a game should be judged on.

It will be the one that's reviewed, more than likely. What Deadfast means is that when a game goes Gold, they don't touch it until after release. Usually.

lol an BIS fan saying that the Gold version is the final version a game should be judged on.

Maybe if you actually read my post you would have realized I meant that there will be no drastic (if any) changes between the press version and the final version thanks to the game being gold.

Yeah, USUALLY. But they could be still polishing it as we speak. I mean really, what's the point of just not working on a game when there could be glitches you don't know about?

Don't get me wrong I agree that the release day version should be reviewed. Luckily for BIS some reviews get updated as games are "polished" with patches - thats what I meant ;)

" And no, you can't tell your squad to get exactly into cover. Nor can you order them to all look in one direction or even better, for some to aim forwards while one watches your back. The point-hold-drag approaches to squad management of both Full Spectrum and Brothers In Arms seem to have passed the developers of Operation Flashpoint 2 by."

-IGN Review

You can't order your squaddies where to watch...beat.

That review doesn't really sell the game so well as the presentation sounds pretty bad with bland colors and uninteresting missions.

Sounds like a pretty fair review overall and not a bad score. Hopefully the controls are much better on PC.

Guess you didn't check the sales chart in my previous post then. On the PC, OFP : DR is outselling COD :MW :

Amazon Pre-Order Chart

Play pre-Order Chart

Which is pretty impressive considering how big the fanbase is for COD.

Seriously, why dont you get lost :D

Do you really think your joke of a game will stand up to MW2.

Get a clue.

You don't care about facts, you just have some moronic need to try and indoctrinate people with your opinions.

Go away :bounce3:

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Don't get me wrong I agree that the release day version should be reviewed. Luckily for BIS some reviews get updated as games are "polished" with patches - thats what I meant ;)

I have yet to find out whether you just have no idea what I'm talking about or you're simply trolling.