Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

What truth? Your truth :rolleyes:

The "truth" about A2 as far as I am concerned is that it is a game I play every day. The "truth" is that the SECOP and ACM modules are enough to justify the price of the game on their own.

As I said Mr 9 posts, I am not on the CM forums attacking DR (or defending A2).

You are here trying to defend the "Titanic" of console shooters that is DR.

Have a great weekend bud :D

Eth

no, CM provided a console version of the game, but you will find many peeps playing the PC version.

Obviously ArmA 2 is completely and utterly ruined by the fact that a mod simulating this obscure reconnaissance tool has been somewhat limited due to technical constraint

Actually, the ACE HuntIR will operate at a higher altitude than the real equivalent. So its not even a technical constraint.

Obviously ArmA 2 is completely and utterly ruined by the fact that a mod simulating this obscure reconnaissance tool has been somewhat limited due to technical constraints.

Seriously, get a grip. At least there are actually modding tools for ArmA 2. As for OFP DR, half the people over there can't tell the difference between modding tools and a map editor. CM have made some vague overtures about the possibility of an SDK in the unspecified future, which given my experience with games over the years, means that there probably isn't going to be one.

Maybe we'd welcome you with open arms if you had anything of relevance to say.

this is a OFPDR thread, i dont know about you, but everything ive said is relavent to this thread. Just got a bunch of fanboys upset because im intersted in a game called ofpdr.

Do you get many people trolling the OFPDR forums about ArmA like this?

Yes you do - I post there as well, often to point of the problems in OFP : DR. Both games have compromises and deficiencies, but I just think its crazy that pn this forum so many supposed mil-sim fans completely dismiss OFP : DR for the smallest of details.

It seems that some of you are BIS fans more than mil-sim fans. Why does it seem like you can only like one game or the other on this forum? ArmA2 has great potential, and one day it may achieve it. Who knows how OFP : DR will turn out, but so far you cant deny that it looks promising.

victom? oh dear, no, disapointed is more the word.

Right. No subtlety in folks these days. Is it true there are no civvies in DR though, hrm, that's interesting.

this is a OFPDR thread, i dont know about you, but everything ive said is relavent to this thread. Just got a bunch of fanboys upset because im intersted in a game called ofpdr.

Bad choice of words on my behalf. Really what I meant to say was "Maybe we'd welcome you with open arms if you had anything useful to add to the discussion". So far you haven't.

Is it true there are no civvies in DR though, hrm, that's interesting.

Yes, it has been confirmed many times.

Yes you do - I post there as well, often to point of the problems in OFP : DR. Both games have compromises and deficiencies, but I just think its crazy that pn this forum so many supposed mil-sim fans completely dismiss OFP : DR for the smallest of details.

It seems that some of you are BIS fans more than mil-sim fans. Why does it seem like you can only like one game or the other on this forum? ArmA2 has great potential, and one day it may achieve it. Who knows how OFP : DR will turn out, but so far you cant deny that it looks promising.

Actually, I am denying it. It doesn't look promising at all. It did at one time, but that time is past.

Eth

Right. No subtlety in folks these days. Is it true there are no civvies in DR though, hrm, that's interesting.

indeed, if you'd care to research the story, you would realise why.

Go watch some touched up Dragom Rising videos Flarmapoint 2. And then buy the game and go flame the CM forums because i bet it will be just like the video's and go play in the editor and make a huge battle scene and then post it up on youtube for us too see how big of a battle it is.

P.S.

Read back over your post carefully and just have a look at ur maturity level

Are u gonna run for president soon?

Actually, i think theres a lot of people here would are still interested somewhat in OFPDR. however. When you get people trolling like that jackass, whose name ive already forgot, just now who arent here to discuss it but just to troll and stir up some bullshit. i.e. i think his first or second post here this evening was something like "check this it totally pwnz arma2" or words to that effect, leading into a lot less subtle put downs (baseless too) he is surely not going to be met with open arms.

indeed, if you'd care to research the story, you would realise why.

Oh, theres a story?

Go watch some touched up Dragom Rising videos Flarmapoint 2. And then buy the game and go flame the CM forums because i bet it will be just like the video's and go play in the editor and make a huge battle scene and then post it up on youtube for us too see how big of a battle it is.

P.S.

Read back over your post carefully and just have a look at ur maturity level

Are u gonna run for president soon?

Notice that most of the "DR advocates" have a post count less than 20.

Obviously trying to crank up the hype machine for DR's imminent release.

Eth

Bad choice of words on my behalf. Really what I meant to say was "Maybe we'd welcome you with open arms if you had anything useful to add to the discussion"

Was that comment for real> seriously? if you take a look at what i originally posted, (which was releated to the thread topic), and then seen the wave of trolls that arrived, maybe you would realise lol

Actually, i think theres a lot of people here would are still interested somewhat in OFPDR. however. When you get people trolling like that jackass, whose name ive already forgot, just now who arent here to discuss it but just to troll and stir up some bullshit. i.e. i think his first or second post here this evening was something like "check this it totally pwnz arma2" or words to that effect, leading into a lot less subtle put downs (baseless too) he is surely not going to be met with open arms.

Oh, theres a story?

just shows are ignorant you are lol... watch the skira vid.

I am very much for serious I'm afraid. If there's anything of any factual accuracy in your posts, please summarize it for me. All I could see was a load of shit stirring, and gross misrepresentation of facts.

Sadly I think he might actually not realize how he's provoked the reaction, heh. Game looks to be short, well from the mission list - only 11. I guess that lovely DLC thing will provide more, heh.

Notice that most of the "DR advocates" have a post count less than 20.

Obviously trying to crank up the hype machine for DR's imminent release.

Eth

no, i played arma 1, and orginal flashpoint, i was hoping for huge improvements, and less buggy game with arma 2, it didnt happen.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Whoa, time for something on topic.

Are DLCs free?

first few are going to be free, altho microsoft and sony are going to makesure all dlc has a price tag attached. So most dlc will have to be paid for.

Yeah ... it was all wrong. Flarmapoint made us add about a ten pages to this all by just his talking nonsense .... what can he do now?

I bet he changes his name and returns as Flarmapoint 3?

Wolle, pls give him a break.

He isn't into AA2, he isn't into us, he will not be into Dragon R., he is into flaming forums.

Are DLCs free?

I assume they aren't, as DLCs are not patches, but normally external purchases by choice. See it as a mini-expansion. Don't think they have set any price yet though.

Yeah ... it was all wrong. Flarmapoint made us add about a ten pages to this all by just his talking nonsense .... what can he do now?

I bet he changes his name and returns as Flarmapoint 3?

Wolle, pls give him a break.

He isn't into AA2, he isn't into us, he will not be into Dragon R., he is into flaming forums.

ok, point out where i was talking nonsence about ofpdr. Id watch what you say too, carry on acting like that and you get an infraction, follow the rulz, or leave.

No. Because you use a different brain.

It's over for me, as you could have understood from my post.

But - again - you didn't understand anything.

Lez go on with facts only.

ok, point out where i was talking nonsence about ofpdr.

Here is a comprehensive list of places where you talk nonsense.

Game looks to be short, well from the mission list - only 11. I guess that lovely DLC thing will provide more, heh.

I expect most people here would play the game on hardcore mode, which will make the game last much longer. It sounds like the mission editor is pretty cool though - One of the reviewers with ArmA experience had this to say on that

What makes me remember Operation Flashpoint today with such joy is the tools. I've spent many nights trying to create the perfect mission for a lonely soldier and his stupid AI friends. Bohemia deserves an applaud for delivering the game with the tools. But as usual someone should have told their programmers that user friendly things isn't something you should fear. The editor was a disaster and worst of it all was the scripting that would never tell you when something was wrong. Sure, it was a lovely feeling to alt-tab out to notepad and hack, but it's funnier if you don't have to fight the editor.

Codemasters work puts Bohemias work to shame here. Dragon Rising is shipped with a wonderful and intuitive editor. After just a few minutes I was ready to go and started planning a a mission involving a big military convoy and attack helicopters. The editor warns you of errors and as icing on the cake the script-language LUA is used instead of some homemade and bad documented crap. This makes it possible for skilled modders to throw themselves into the design at once. The process of making a pretty good mission is fairly fast, but players that become really good at this can bind several missions together and create their own campaign.Codemasters have to get the modding going here. It's a great editor but lots of supportwork and learning material will be required to get the ball rolling.

To knock the game for things like not having rabbits is frankly absurd. The biggest problem by a mile with OFP : DR is the lack of info about modding and dedi server. With the release so close its not looking good. Most of the other criticism of OFP : DR in this thread are minor realism features really, which can equally be said about ArmA2.

And guys quit the personal attacks against each other. Supposedly ArmA has a more mature crowd?

Edited by space