Sign in to follow this  
Wadi

Sa-80

Is there an SA-80 anywhere that I can download? wink.gif

well you might find one but probably it only has the name and the rate of fire, not the model.

So it won't be of much use, it's just another scoped 5.56 30-RPC assault rifle

Go to the OFPEC forum an look at bimbi's work. He's made an SA-80 and a LSW!! The're not released yet but the pics speak for themselves.

Wadi, you might want to search the forums, or search the FAQ before posting new topics, you will find most of the info you are looking for. biggrin.gif

(Not picking on you man, I used to do the same thing when I fist joined the forum).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Mar. 24 2002,22:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bimbi will release his very soon, it looks very nice<span id='postcolor'>

Goood.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Mar. 24 2002,22:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bimbi will release his very soon, it looks very nice<span id='postcolor'>

And then it'll be a month after that until OFPEC gets it posted. sad.gif

Good, I can wait a month. wink.gif

the sa80 is the scaled down carbine version of the L85 it fires a nato standard 5.56x45mm it has a semi automatic and full auto fire

and the m16

fires 5.56x45mm ammunition this has burst and semi auto

so the SA80 is about the same as the M4

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AntiPasta @ Mar. 26 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">according to world.guns.ru, the SA-80 sux<span id='postcolor'>

i was shit dunno if it is or not ... i heard it jammed alot, by mud and crap getting into the gun... but then they let HK look at it to make it better ....

i think they have fixed it now tobe more reliable ....

tho i think it is still and ugly assed looking gun tounge.gif

Go here and download MadDogX's British Light Infantry addon. This will give you an SA-80 (among other things) to play with.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AntiPasta @ Mar. 26 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">according to world.guns.ru, the SA-80 sux

[edited to prevent flaming]<span id='postcolor'>

The first SA80 had problems with reliability but the new SA80 A2 does not suffer from this and is now said to be more reliable than both the M16 and the G36.

I have no idea if its true or not…but its what I read in the "Combat & Survival" magazine smile.gif

What the hell has its reliability got to do with a game model!!!??

There is always some smart guy who has to make himself look like he knows something about weapons who runs off the tired (and not really accurate) line; the SA-80 Sucks.

IT IS AN IRRELEVANCE!

Speaking for myself, I don't care if the SA80 as a real life weapon "sux" or not, I'm English, English troops use the SA80, thus in Opf I'd like to use the SA80, end of story smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 27 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Speaking for myself, I don't care if the SA80 as a real life weapon "sux" or not, I'm English, English troops use the SA80, thus in Opf I'd like to use the SA80, end of story smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This is exactly what this thread is about. It's not about whether the SA-80 is good or not, some guy simply wants to use the SA-80. And you can do. Simply read my last post, and you can go straight to a place to get one, with bonus British Infantry included!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 27 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Speaking for myself, I don't care if the SA80 as a real life weapon "sux" or not, I'm English, English troops use the SA80, thus in Opf I'd like to use the SA80, end of story smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!!! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SPAEM @ Mar. 26 2002,21:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and the m16

fires 5.56x45mm ammunition this has burst and semi auto

so the SA80 is about the same as the M4<span id='postcolor'>

you're talking about the m16a2 (and c7), afaik the other m16s (m16, m16a1-4) also have full auto mode

and there are conversions for .308 and even 9mm

honestly, I don't really think another 30-rounds, scoped, western assault rifle is needed, though it should still be added for completeness and making you brits shut up tounge.gif (hey, and you're blaiming us americans for all the nationalism)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AntiPasta @ Mar. 27 2002,21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you're talking about the m16a2 (and c7), afaik the other m16s (m16, m16a1-4) also have full auto mode

and there are conversions for .308 and even 9mm

honestly, I don't really think another 30-rounds, scoped, western assault rifle is needed, though it should still be added for completeness and making you brits shut up  tounge.gif (hey, and you're blaiming us americans for all the nationalism)<span id='postcolor'>

NATO-North Atlantic Treaties Organisation. Britain is part of that as well, and so there should be an SA-80!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NATO-North Atlantic Treaties Organisation. Britain is part of that as well, and so there should be an SA-80!<span id='postcolor'>

yep, I agree, NATO basicaly means one for all and all for one.

If one nation that is a member of NATO is attacked then the others will help.

I hear you cry " what about the Falklands, why didnt anyone help the Brits?".

Because the Falkland islands are not in the north atlatic which is why we had to fight on our own.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> yep, I agree, NATO basicaly means one for all and all for one.

If one nation that is a member of NATO is attacked then the others will help.

I hear you cry " what about the Falklands, why didnt anyone help the Brits?".

Because the Falkland islands are not in the north atlatic which is why we had to fight on our own.<span id='postcolor'>

To be fair the Americans  did lend substantial support during the falklands, for example the lack of UN Security Council Resolutions against the (rapid) use of Armed intervention and the "technically unlawful" exclusion zone. and I Belive they also offered to 'lend' us a Carrier when one of ours developed problems after leaving port, but they managed to fix it (an awsome peice of engineering) in time.

Dave

yeah they did, just like we sent SAS to Veitnam to train the Seals.

They gave us lots of stingers and other useful kit.

The problem was it took everyone by surprise, Britain was selling frigates to Argentina months before they invaded and America was selling kit as well.

The French sold a load of EXOCET missiles and then promised not to sell anymore but broke their promise, bastards mad.gif

leading to the sinking of more ships mad.gif