Sign in to follow this  
Landstriker

ArmA 2 tip's & trick's for heli pilots.

I would appreciate just the one hint...how to find even a whiff of a bloody helo on any server.

Here is my attempt to make Funnel meneuver on Ka-52 in ARMA2.

Funnel - flight maneuver, which consists in the motion around the point. In this case the nose of helicopter is constantly directed toward this point. It is performed by coaxial-type helicopters (for example Ka-50 or Ka-52). This maneuver can conduct concentrated fire to the target continuously moving around it.

It is a little difficult to start this maneuver in ARMA2. I should have heli speed around zero to start this maneuver. And it is very easy to lose funnel mode when I try to adjust nose of helicopter to the target. When heli lose this mode it suddenly starts to increase speed.

Since flight model is the same for all helicopters in ARMA2 you can make this maneuver on other helicopters (I just tried Cobra).

I use Joystick, Pedals and TrackIR.

Edited by Vipera

Here is my attempt to make Funnel meneuver on Ka-52 in ARMA2.

Funnel - flight maneuver, which consists in the motion around the point. In this case the nose of helicopter is constantly directed toward this point. It is performed by coaxial-type helicopters (for example Ka-50 or Ka-52). This maneuver can conduct concentrated fire to the target continuously moving around it.

It is a little difficult to start this maneuver in ARMA2. I should have heli speed around zero to start this maneuver. And it is very easy to lose funnel mode when I try to adjust nose of helicopter to the target. When heli lose this mode it suddenly starts to increase speed.

Since flight model is the same for all helicopters in ARMA2 you can make this maneuver on other helicopters (I just tried Cobra).

I use Joystick, Pedals and TrackIR.

VERY cool video, thanks for sharing that.