Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

playSound not working when inside a vehicle?

When a zone control is changed I have added a playSound command. All the other commands before/after it work fine, and the sound actually plays when players aren't in a vehicle, for all clients on a dedicated. However anyone in a vehicle seems to not hear the sound (even though again the rest of the script commands before/after it play fine).

Also what's a good way to set the volume? I needed to set the volume to 0.05 in the cfgSounds in the description.ext in order to get a reaonsable volume (not too loud and not too quiet, though the original sound is kinda loud). I don't really understand how it works, though, seeing people use db+5 or db-8 stuff there. What does that "db" refer to?

Have the same issue with vehicles, sound can be heard, but usually so low on volume cannot really hear it. Although to others outside it is normal, so not able to make it louder as it deafens them not in transport.

sound[] = {\sound\darky.ogg, db-9, 1.0, 900};

db-9 makes my music real quiet, changing it to db+9 makes it real loud.

1.0 is the pitch, change to 0.1 to make it play real slow, or 2.0 to play really fast.

900 is only used for playing at a point only, then it is the radius it can be heard within. The track above is set to play anywhere so has no radius.

sound[] = {\sound\darky.ogg, db-5, 1.0};

Also I am finding the volume as normal in preview, but seems to alter once in MP with others.

sorry for bumping this old thread but is there any solution for this?

all custom sounds play at 50% loudness when inside of an vehicle.

is there a way to play an stereo ogg at the same sound in all situations?

Hello.

I have the same problem. No matter what I use (say or playsound) - inside the vehicle the sound is too low. If you go to theh vehicle's 3rd person, it is normal.

Then I defined the dialog sounds as music in the description.ext and play them via playmusic and it seems to work. Volume is normal, even inside. :)

Very dirty workaround, I hate it... :( - and not possible if you want to playmusic a BIS track at the same time...

Hi!

Can u define a place wich playmusic comes from? So that music is played from lets say a chopper and not just out in your "head"? Normally I use the "say" command, but then I get the problem that it is low inside, loud outside

Hi!

Can u define a place wich playmusic comes from? So that music is played from lets say a chopper and not just out in your "head"?

Nope.

Hi!

Can u define a place wich playmusic comes from? So that music is played from lets say a chopper and not just out in your "head"? Normally I use the "say" command, but then I get the problem that it is low inside, loud outside

There is a way to define a spot to say the sound. (You menitioned you used the the "say" command so sorry if you already know this, but...) If you use the say3D command you can play the sound from a defined point in a 3D space. Not sure about what you mean by:

but then I get the problem that it is low inside, loud outside

But I can tell you that the volume will vary depending on the distance of the hearer and whether or not they are currently in a vehicle.

Hope this is useful,

undercoverbrother

I thought say3D only played when player was in character and not in camera mode (intro, cutscene), versus say which plays at all circumstances. Both being spatial of course, playSound not being spatial.

I believe defined vehicle sound obstruction values to be the reason for reduced volume. No idea what it does, but playSound also supports array input, tried this? Also worth mentioning is the oil pumps (and insects) which doesn't seem to drop volume when inside vehicle, you could look into using trigger to play, but it's messy.

Also there is vehicleRadio, is that a solution?