slowyconection

Could there be a addon which change scud missiles

ive been playin RA2 lately

and i think that would be very nice

trees and tanks flyin over ur head

radiation in the field

the yellin when "it" is comin

firin the scud would be nice 2

You could do that yourself I'm sure first of all you got get the script that’s lets you target it then you just got to change the amount of damage of does when it explodes assuming you know how I don't but I'm sure you would find out on a OFP website. smile.gif

i would like to have the middle section as a 3rd seat where the guy in there slects a position on map and fires the scud and it dont have to be a nuke they can be used for anthing really like ,chem missles, cruse missles etc

If a nuke detonated near you, you wouln't have time to say "It's coming". You would be killed instantly.

*ducks as Ice Fires post flies in from right field*

Where did that come up in the conversation, Ice?

What the hell is that??

It's not big enough to be a nuke, but not a missile.

Did you blow up a fuel station with some satchels?

Or maybe you blew up a bunch of ammo trucks with a bunch of satchels?

That's crazy. I don't think there's anything in the game that can do that.

Is it just me or is everyone else just plain ol' retarded ?

What's up with these people asking for a working nuke ? It's a god damn prop, can't your immature brains comprehend that ?

What possible use would a NUKE have ? Don't forget this game is a battlefield simulation, meaning if a real NUKE did explode, the game would have to simulate all effects of it, including (but not limited to) a blast crater, mass fires that would probably annihilate all of the woods, shockwave that would send tanks and cars flying at 800 kilometers per hour.

If the visual effects slowed your FPS rate to 0.5 FPS I'd still be surprised. Other than these effects, what possible use could you have for this nuke ?

I supposed the only use would be to see the far-away nuclear explosion near the horizon at the sea as the bomb explodes on one of the other islands. This perhaps would be part of the singleplayer campaign, and in the next mission you go there as part of some recovery team to assess the damage, seeing the entire island, which would of course be a completely new 3D mesh.

Other than that I fail to see any use for it. I mean how could you use it in multiplayer scenario for example ?

Illogical, useless, stupid. You kids watch far too many "Independence Day" style movies, I swear to god.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 22 2002,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone want to guess what this is?

http://www.flashpoint.ru/retaliation/e/images/aisp2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

LOL that looks like an edited picture with the explosion added.

i wouldnt be suprised if it is.

No it isnt...

It's actually quite simple to script such a nuke explosion in OFP. I tried one ingame once....it was pretty impressive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Mar. 23 2002,08:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't forget this game is a battlefield simulation<span id='postcolor'>

its realistic enough to have a terminator right behind or robert de niro aroun

and its not from independence day

its from Red Alert 2

snif...

Personally, I don't want nukes in the game any more than I want a targetable SCUD.

However, a working nuke would provide some real incentive for completing an objective in time. The explosion would be preferable to a 'fade to black' camera effect that says you failed.

Hmmm a nuke would destroy the bigger part of every island in OF. I would like to see balistic missiles though.

Nothing says "You have failed!" your SCUD-destruction mission quite like a big mushroom cloud. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 24 2002,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nothing says "You have failed!" your SCUD-destruction mission quite like a big mushroom cloud.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

great way to dont lose a mission

complete or get vaporised

lol

not that bad

i still prefer my idea

Does AdvocateX have anything useful to say or is all he do criticize and insult other board members...going through his posts, this seems to be a common theme. biggrin.gif

Why are people so obsessed with nuking the OFP islands??? Do you really hate these places so much? Yeah sure a nuke would be fun...just not practical. You could only really use it for eye candy. The way they simulated the nuke going off if you fail one of the 'destroy the scud' missions gave you a good enough impression of what was happening, so I'm not sure that even that is necessary.

And how could you use ballistic missiles on so small island?

Well then again I'm not an expert in this area, but it sounds

a bit ridiculous..

But then, wars that have involved NATO have been ridiculous to me, somehow..

Like they are sometimes launching a Tomahawk at a mosquito.

well it's not like there is any civilian life on the island so no big loss to clean the place up before you leave

im not askin for a nuclear devices for Resistance

i jus want an addon or somethin

the tomahawk idea is very nice

im askin any nuclear devices for Resistance

jus an addon would be nice

for some fun or damn MP games

the tomahawk idea is very nice