Sign in to follow this  
LugNut

Field of view

I'm an ARMA noob and I was wondering if there is any way to widen the FOV? Seems really narrow to me, especially in close qtrs, it feels like I've got blinders on. And yes, I know about free look and zooming..... :)

I also would like to have something similart to what already existed in ARMA1.

The TrueView on ArmA1 was a very useful mod that gave a more realistic feeling to the view. Also the zoom while using weapons was much more realistic.

edit: the trueview from ArmA1 works, it only needs some changes thats all. But the Field of view is improved. :p

Edited by bravo 6

Try changing these entrys in your ArmA2Profile (located in documents/ArmA2 folder) ;

fovTop=0.75;

fovLeft=1.2;

isn't fidling with these values breaking ingame buttons etc? Atleast I remember something like that happening in ArmA1.

double-tap the keypad minus key and it will keep your view zoomed out (except when you go to optics of course)

yeah but its not adjustable to your wishes.

Get a TrackIR and never look back (but not literally)

:)

Ya. To get a wider FOV when using TrackIR all I have to do is lean back a little bit! :D

Actually, you don't need trackir for an on-the-fly customizable FOV; all you need is a spare analog input. I bound my stick throttle to increase / decrease FOV (since I have a separate dedicated throttle). There are many controller peripherals with sliders or wheels that can be used for this. I generally keep a FOV about halfway between default and widest setting.

I'd just like to have it so it doesn't zoom in iron-sights. We have a key for that, it feels unnatural when it zooms automatically, at least the key makes it seem like we're concentrating or something plausible, instead of "magic".