Sign in to follow this  
nominesine

Blacklisting areas

Can someone show me a working example of a blacklisted area that prevents spawning the random of units using the...

1) Ambient Cilvilian Module

2) Ambient Civilian Vehicles

3) Ambient Animals Module

4) Ambient Combat Manager

5) Secondary Operations Manager

I want to reserve certain areas for my own purposes. I would prefer to use area covering triggers, rather than markers, but I'm prepared to go for any working solution.

I only have experience with the ambient civ module, but that one only supports a whitelist.

I have it set up like this:

Amb Civ logic

- init line: this setVariable ["townlist", [Nsobor]];

Location Logic (city)

- name field: Nsobor

- init line: this setvariable ["ALICE_populationCoef",1]; this setvariable ["ALICE_forcePopulation",true];

This way I only have the civilians in 1 town.

Okay, thanks. I think I understand how it works, but I would prefer to do it the other way around (blacklist areas rather than whitelisting them). Any other suggestions?

Okay, thanks. I think I understand how it works, but I would prefer to do it the other way around (blacklist areas rather than whitelisting them). Any other suggestions?

I know they do this in the mission Manhattan. I could never figure out how though but you might have better luck. The mountain top base, as well as the Chedaki base(s), have a no animal zone for it.

So if you depbo that mission you might be able to find out something about it. Please report back if you do because it would be useful to know but I haven't found anything yet.

The ACM works with markers named BIS_ACM_x, where x starts at 1 and increases for each marker. The module won't function within those markers, which can be any size. This is handy because you can move / resize these markers by trigger / script to create a dynamic front line or remove / ntroduce battles to certain areas at specific times in your mission.

Maybe the others have similar functionality? BIS_ALICE_x, for example?

I know they do this in the mission Manhattan... The mountain top base, as well as the Chedaki base(s), have a no animal zone for it.

DePboing Manhattan I found a trigger labaled NO ANIMALS covering the camps you mentioned. These triggers are named BIS_arz_# where # is number 1, 2, 3 or 4 and so on. I assume they work exactly as the BIS_acm_1 marker for the ACM Module. Testing indicates that they do intend keep my airports free of roaming sheep without doing anything apart from placing/naming the triggers (10-12 tries and all without animals). I guess that solves the animal part.

That leaves the Ambient Vehicles and the SOM. Defining house classes that shall not be surrounded by empty vehickles is extremely messy. Especially since vehicles also appears around almost every editor placed object found under EMPTY >> OBJECTS (including the back pack heap). Regarding the SOM Module I am completely stuck when it comes to blacklisting at the moment.

Edited by nominesine

I don't suppose this problem was ever solved? I am also in need of a "no ACM" zone . . .

Have you checked out the ACM MODULE thread?

To keep units from spawning in on the map in certain areas you would place a marker and name it BIS_ACM_x . x is a number from 1 to 9.

I also need a way to blacklist area's with the SOM. Everything else works so far in SP...but If I cant blacklist areas the SOM becomes useless. I would even take a whitelist. (zargabad :o )