Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

A.I. Osprey Pilot flying into INFINITY AAAND BEEYOOND!!

For some reason I couldnt the A.I. pilot of my Osprey would not stop to land in the place I told him to go! He would fly over my move beacon, then states ready, and just continue flying straight into literally infinity. No matter where else I would tell him to go he would just acknowledge my order but just keep on flying straight.

Are these things meant to be used for onced only for paradroping somewhere and not actually meant to land and pick you up later?

Edited by BF2_Trooper

Change your ingame nick from "BF2_Trooper" to "Arma2 Recon" :D

+ have a look into editing & scrpiting forum or try searching

+ make a forum poll (in suggestion forum) for additional "land" in players command options

additional "land" in players command options

That's a feature long time missing indeed.

Who said anything about this being in the editor? This was in a simple Multiplayer session. I just wanted to know if there was any command I might have missed that would get Osprey pilots to land. No reason at all I should have to edit this myself if it's possible to command any A.I. pilot in non-custom missions. Is it my fault that this particular pilot refused to stop....EVER and not even hover on top of my move beacon?

Edited by BF2_Trooper

-Ziggy-;1408396']tell him to move to a location' date=' and shortly before he arrives at that destination, command him to disembark. he will land, and get out.[/quote']

Thanks, I'll give that a try. It seems to work with Huey pilots. But why in God's name isnt there even a simple "land" command after all this time??

Also if there are other AI in the vehicle with you you could tell them to disembark and he would land. Just make sure you get out in between two of them so you don't end up jumping before he lands or jumping after he takes-off.

Wait and see. I noticed that when I gave the order to my squad to get out of the flying Osprey, thinking they would para-drop, nobody moved. The Osprey kept flying and eventually went to the main airfield where it proceded to land and taxi to the main terminal area. There is a good chance that this is what your A.I. Osprey is doing.

RR

IMO, the commander seat should extend to air / helos with similar controls as the tank commander.

ie: WS forward stop, AD bank left/right, QZ altitude, Shift+Z for land... and so on.

Also if there are other AI in the vehicle with you you could tell them to disembark and he would land. Just make sure you get out in between two of them so you don't end up jumping before he lands or jumping after he takes-off.

I tried that, worked for the Huey, but not for the Osprey.