Sign in to follow this  
Laertes

Eki./Laertes' Addons

Because the US Army's standard assault rifle is the M4. Not the M16A4. Now if it had been the USMC armed with Mk16s (the horror) I would have given them M16A4s, but it wasn't it was the US Army.

wow, i see... i alway believed it was the m16, i never knew that... cool.

A minor complaint / feature request: the basic Rifleman unit under the M4/M16 replacement addon does not carry any hand grenades. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but just in case it was an oversight I thought I would bring it up.

Thanks for releasing this mod, the SCARs were bugging me in OA and I was dying for someone to release a mod like this so I can avoid a ton of Init-box scripting in the editor while goofing around in singleplayer. I really appreciate your work.

wow, i see... i alway believed it was the m16, i never knew that... cool.

Yeah, that is a very common misconception people have, although it is an understandable one.

The M16 family has been the standard family of rifles for the U.S. Army for much of the late 20th century, however, the U.S. Army has been switching, or has switched to the M4 series as their primary weapon, while the U.S. Marines still use the M16 family as their standard series of rifles. Personally, I would prefer if the U.S. Army had their standard infantry weapon as the M16 series, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. Although, the U.S. Army does retain the M16 series (M16A2 and M16A4 primarily, although suprisingly, there are a few M16A1s left for novelty purpoes :p) often for training purposes and in other limited capacities.

Hope this helps. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

A suggestion (if you'll permit me to share) for the M4 replacement mod: replace the sniper weapons, also, with the fine desert-camo'd M24 model for the M110.

And, of course, it would be nice if the basic rifleman had some hand grenades too as I mentioned above.

Thanks again, Laertes!

A suggestion (if you'll permit me to share) for the M4 replacement mod: replace the sniper weapons, also, with the fine desert-camo'd M24 model for the M110.

And, of course, it would be nice if the basic rifleman had some hand grenades too as I mentioned above.

Thanks again, Laertes!

Tell you what, I'll check the rifleman issue and I'll add an optional .pbo changing the M110 to the M24 :)

Version 2 of the US Army Weapon Replacements

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rutcow - OA

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0fsalb - CO

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11413 - OA - Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11414 - CO - Armaholic

Fixes/Changes:

• Added optional file to change snipers to use M110 to M24.
  • Re-added grenades to the rifleman.

Edited by Laertes

Tell you what, I'll check the rifleman issue and I'll add an optional .pbo changing the M110 to the M24 :)

Thanks Laertes :D

I love your mods man. Is there any chance for you to make spetsnaz and MVD medic? If there already is one, dl link please.

I love your mods man. Is there any chance for you to make spetsnaz and MVD medic? If there already is one, dl link please.

Laertes' Russian SF Medics

• Requires ArmA 2
  • Adds a medic to Spetsnaz and to the MVD
  • This is a config-only addon, there are no new models or textures.

Download

It annoyed me that the Arrowhead FAL had a burst mode and not an automatic mode, so I changed it.

Download

Any problems need fixing, let me know.

It's a bit late, but there is one issue. The FAL actually inherits from M16A2, rather than AK_47_M like your mod. That's why it's picked up sight adjustment for some people, it's getting it from the AK. The config can also be stripped down a bit, you don't need to redefine the Single firemode. Here's a fixed-up version:

class CfgWeapons {
class Rifle;
class M16_base : Rifle {};

class M16A2 : M16_base {
	class FullAuto;
};

class FN_FAL : M16A2 {
	modes[] = {"Single", "FullAuto"};

class FullAuto : FullAuto {
		reloadTime = 0.0923;
		soundBurst = 0;
		recoil = "recoil_single_primary_4outof10";
		recoilProne = "recoil_single_primary_prone_3outof10";
		minRange = 0;
		minRangeProbab = 0.3;
		midRange = 80;
		midRangeProbab = 0.7;
		maxRange = 200;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.05;
		dispersion = 0.0005;
		begin1[] = {"Ca\Sounds_E\Weapons_E\FNFAL\FNFAL_single_1", 1.77828, 1, 1500};
		begin2[] = {"Ca\Sounds_E\Weapons_E\FNFAL\FNFAL_single_2", 1.77828, 1, 1500};
		soundBegin[] = {"begin1", 0.5, "begin2", 0.5};
	};
};
};

I've also changed the reloadTime for auto, since the BIS value was for burst fire and much too fast.

It's a bit late, but there is one issue. The FAL actually inherits from M16A2, rather than AK_47_M like your mod. That's why it's picked up sight adjustment for some people, it's getting it from the AK. The config can also be stripped down a bit, you don't need to redefine the Single firemode. Here's a fixed-up version:

class CfgWeapons {
class Rifle;
class M16_base : Rifle {};

class M16A2 : M16_base {
	class FullAuto;
};

class FN_FAL : M16A2 {
	modes[] = {"Single", "FullAuto"};

class FullAuto : FullAuto {
		reloadTime = 0.0923;
		soundBurst = 0;
		recoil = "recoil_single_primary_4outof10";
		recoilProne = "recoil_single_primary_prone_3outof10";
		minRange = 0;
		minRangeProbab = 0.3;
		midRange = 80;
		midRangeProbab = 0.7;
		maxRange = 200;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.05;
		dispersion = 0.0005;
		begin1[] = {"Ca\Sounds_E\Weapons_E\FNFAL\FNFAL_single_1", 1.77828, 1, 1500};
		begin2[] = {"Ca\Sounds_E\Weapons_E\FNFAL\FNFAL_single_2", 1.77828, 1, 1500};
		soundBegin[] = {"begin1", 0.5, "begin2", 0.5};
	};
};
};

I've also changed the reloadTime for auto, since the BIS value was for burst fire and much too fast.

Thanks, if it's all right with you, I'll add that into the next version.

The US military doesn't use M4A3s and there are no M16A4s in OA.

Technically, its a Bushmaster M4A3, which is the same as the Colt M4A1 the US military uses.

Sooooo you could config it for the M4A3 and the only unrealistic thing would be the name. They're even allowing regular joes (not SOF) to paint their carbines in Afghanistan now, so the desert paint scheme is acceptable :)

Is it possible for you to make a AK-74 replacement pack for the Russian soldiers in ArmA II? Preferably compatible with CO? Thanks in advance. ;)

Is it possible for you to make a AK-74 replacement pack for the Russian soldiers in ArmA II? Preferably compatible with CO? Thanks in advance. ;)

It's possible, but I'd be lying if I said I had any intention of doing one at the moment. Sorry, mate.

It's possible, but I'd be lying if I said I had any intention of doing one at the moment. Sorry, mate.

All right, thanks anyway. ;)

Laertes, I'm having a HUGE issue.

My team and I have created our own maps prior to running your "US Weapon Replacements CO" mod and it has crippled our maps.

After deleting your mod, our maps are no longer usable even after copying and pasting on a new map template. It seems because your mod was "activated" at some point and not deleted, that it was tainted all our hard work.

Is there a way to get around this issue that I'm unaware of? I appreciate your input.

Your mission is probably dependent on the mod. Delete it from auto-addons in mission.sqm.