Sign in to follow this  
Laertes

Eki./Laertes' Addons

As requested, this adds an automatic fire-mode to the OA M14.

The download can be found here, mirrors welcome as always.

Done for a request in the Addon Request Thread, this is an addon that adds a medic to the Taki Special Forces.

It includes an optional .pbo that adds the medic to the Special Purpose group.

Download

Out of interest Laertes, how did you add the adjustable range settings to the FN-FAL? Could you add to to other rifles with iron sights, like possibly the M4, M16 and G36? Although I'm not 100% certain, I'm pretty sure these had adjustable sights too.

Out of interest Laertes, how did you add the adjustable range settings to the FN-FAL? Could you add to to other rifles with iron sights, like possibly the M4, M16 and G36? Although I'm not 100% certain, I'm pretty sure these had adjustable sights too.

I added adjustable range settings to the FAL? I had no idea, I'd done that.

I'll have a look, though ;)

You sure did and I thank you for your oversight! It gives the FN-FAL an extra dimension IMHO.

Laertes' US Weapon Replacements - 1.0

These addons change how the US Army troops are armed. It does not have any effect on the Special Forces.

There are two versions:

The difference between the two being the weapons used.

The CO version, utilises a variety of M4s and an MP5 included in A2 and OA, whilst the OA version, solely uses weapons included in Operation Arrowhead ("M4A1", "M16A2", "M16A2GL").

tl;dr:

If you have Combined Operations, you can either version and they should work fine.

If only you have Operation Arrowhead, you can only use the OA version.

Disclaimer:

Whilst this has not been thoroughly tested, it should work absolutely fine. If however, it doesn't please let me know what the problem is and I will do my very best to fix it.

Mirrors welcomed as always.

Thank you! I was hoping someone would config them with the m16's!

thanks, ill be using this. I hate the scar sound...

Laertes: any chance of making your US Weapon Replacements addon compatible with ACE ? It is not working with it...:(

Laertes: any chance of making your US Weapon Replacements addon compatible with ACE ? It is not working with it...:(

Sorry but no. I don't use ACE, so making it compatible would be tricky.

ah yeah! very very nice! ads a lot more realism and brings me back to see the yanks with the M-16 family!

thanks a million :)

you should have the m16a4's instead of the A2's and the m4a3's instead of the a1's

The US military doesn't use M4A3s and there are no M16A4s in OA.

well when you use combined ops there is an m16a4... and i thought he had a co version...

well when you use combined ops there is an m16a4... and i thought he had a co version...

The Combined Operations version uses M4s. Which shockingly, the US Army also uses.

Did you try the CO version?:rolleyes:

...yeah, bro... its all m4's. no m16a4's.

Because the US Army's standard assault rifle is the M4. Not the M16A4. Now if it had been the USMC armed with Mk16s (the horror) I would have given them M16A4s, but it wasn't it was the US Army.