Sign in to follow this  
tophe

Empty enemy vehicles still enemy.

I guess this have been addressed before... Searched and could not find it.

When entering a empty enemy vehicle the vehicle is still considered hostile. So killing any units with it will give you negative scores.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Is BIS working on it?

This destroys a key element in many missions, where you take over enemy vehicles. That is now useless and sometimes even makes you loose.

Head over and vote for it at the tracker.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2363

Is there another thread about this?

I'm a bit surprised there's been no reactions.

You have my vote. Very annoying issue.

Not sure where I've seen this reported before, maybe just from you :)

Edited by Greg

While we're on the subject of enemy vehicles... If I steal one, why is it every enemy unit on the map knows that the occupants of said vehicle are hostile? Surely they wouldn't know that hostile forces are behind the wheel until they can positively ID the occupants? Would it not make more sense for the OPFOR AI to assume that the UAZ driving toward them is friendly until I leap out and start gunning them down? Is it possible to have the vehicle act as a kind of camouflage?

While we're on the subject of enemy vehicles... If I steal one, why is it every enemy unit on the map knows that the occupants of said vehicle are hostile? Surely they wouldn't know that hostile forces are behind the wheel until they can positively ID the occupants? Would it not make more sense for the OPFOR AI to assume that the UAZ driving toward them is friendly until I leap out and start gunning them down? Is it possible to have the vehicle act as a kind of camouflage?
Then there's the opposite, where you even shoot them and they dont care... just a slaughter fest... and a negative score lol

While we're on the subject of enemy vehicles... If I steal one, why is it every enemy unit on the map knows that the occupants of said vehicle are hostile? Surely they wouldn't know that hostile forces are behind the wheel until they can positively ID the occupants? Would it not make more sense for the OPFOR AI to assume that the UAZ driving toward them is friendly until I leap out and start gunning them down?

This has been problem since OFP,i hope it is finally going to be fixed.

Back on-topic,

If you destroy a vehicle with enemy in it its a positive hit.

If they get out and no ally gets into it its a positive hit if you destroy it (e.g. if the crew bail)

If theres an enemy vehicle but an ally is in it, it gives you a negative score, even if he gets out.

It depends on the last person who was in the vehicle which gives you a good or a bad hit in the end.

The easy way would be to look at the radar above you if the game is on recruit mode which it usually is online. :D

Hope that helped.

These are my 2 threads about the subject Tophe,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83098

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82926

I only play online so personally I can't say whether it happens in the single player misions or SP campaign but I know it happens in the online servers on both the Domination and Evolution servers. I have started playing the new Domination west 1.03 servers but I don't get in enemy vehicles anymore as the negative points pi** me off, so I don't know if it has been fixed in the new 1.03 server maps.

On a positive note for BIS, the new Domination west 1.03 servers seem to have fixed the problem of lagg and building textures taking about 30 seconds to fill in when you first spawn. Also with the new Domination 1.03 servers when you choose your kit, it gives you an option of saving it, so when you get killed and respawn you still get a full compliment of weapons instead of having to gear up everytime.