Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

A.I. boarding vehicles = Gayest most retarded annoying bug evaar!!

I'm so fucking sick of having to restart games just because my fellow human team mates happen to board a vehicle first thus causing some of the AI team mates just to get completely stuck and unable to board!! This happens in both coop campaign and coop MP.

Why the hell are some AIs just so anal about wanting to sit in a certain position??

I really don't know what else to say about this annoying bug except that it's GHHHHHHHHEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I'm so fucking sick of having to restart games just because my fellow human team mates happen to board a vehicle first thus causing some of the AI team mates just to get completely stuck and unable to board!! This happens in both coop campaign and coop MP.

Why the hell are some AIs just so anal about wanting to sit in a certain position??

I really don't know what else to say about this annoying bug except that it's GHHHHHHHHEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Spoken like a true BF2 trooper. I mean, it's just soooo stupid how a tank commander can't pilot a chopper....

Simple way around this is to tell the AI to board after the human players are aboard.

Planck

Spoken like a true BF2 trooper. I mean, it's just soooo stupid how a tank commander can't pilot a chopper....

Where in my thread did I mention anything about tankers or soldiers being able to pilot aircraft?? READ THE POST before you comment please, this is about AIs getting STUCK. Kids today huh? No wonder they don't read books, they dont even have the patience to read and fully understand a single forum post! :D

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Simple way around this is to tell the AI to board after the human players are aboard.

Planck

I know this, but I shouldnt have to keep reminding my fellow human team mates of that. Believe me, a lot of players still dont seem to know this.

Where in my thread did I mention anything about tankers or soldiers being able to pilot aircraft?? READ THE POST before you comment please, this is about AIs getting STUCK. Kids today huh? No wonder they don't read books, they dont even have the patience to read and fully understand a single forum post!

The answer is right there in your first 'post'.

Some AI are 'anal' about getting into certain positions because they're not 'qualified' to sit in the position that you're trying to get them into.

You didn't provide any detail whatsoever about the circumstances in which the AI refused to do as you ordered. Were you trying to get a pilot to go gunner in a tank? Were you trying to get a tank commander go pilot in a chopper?

See, here's the thing. Keep on target, ignore your rather obvious homophobic rants and provide 'details'. This is a troubleshooting forum, after all and troubleshooting doesn't tend to get off on a good start if all you feel you have to do is bold 'ghhhhhheeeeeeyyyy' across your post.

Twod.

I'm not sure how its a gay bug...

Do they slap eachother in an exaggeratedly camp way and fight over who sits where?

Low level bitchiness? "5: Oh no, 12 has tragic shoes", "12: 5, is fat", etc?

Is there the eternal Gloria Esteban vs George Michael argument, meaning everybody wants to hold the iPod?

Are there any other gay stereotypes they fit?

ghey: a playful compliment or a derogatory description of an event, person or object. It has no homosexual connotations and its derogatory nature implies more that something is lame, stupid, unjust or just plain ‘ghey’. (from the Urban Dictionary)

Bottom line..."ghey" means "lame"...not "gay".

But I think Planck had the best answer.

Do the AI actually get stuck? Or do they simply need to be re-ordered to get in the vehicle? I was hoping the lunacy would be ended with Arma 2...like in Arma when I order my AI mates to exit the chopper, about 50-60% of the time one or more gets stuck at the side of the chopper causing me to have to get back in, start the chopper, take off and land nearby.

You didn't provide any detail whatsoever about the circumstances in which the AI refused to do as you ordered. Were you trying to get a pilot to go gunner in a tank? Were you trying to get a tank commander go pilot in a chopper?

See, here's the thing. Keep on target, ignore your rather obvious homophobic rants and provide 'details'. This is a troubleshooting forum, after all and troubleshooting doesn't tend to get off on a good start if all you feel you have to do is bold 'ghhhhhheeeeeeyyyy' across your post.

Twod.

It should be pretty obvious that I meant vehicles that are POSSIBLE to board because I already mentioned that my human team mates are able to board. I never complained about not being able to board CERTAIN vehicles. I'm complaining about AI's refusing to sit IN vehicles that I'M already in!

Sorry if the term "ghhhhheyyy" offends you that much that u fail to read my post. But I have every right to feel annoyed by something and call it "gay" or "really f-ing gheeyyy". Just ask the billions of FPS gamers who use that term in a daily basis.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

Wasn't having a go, just find it funny when people call random things 'Gay', I do it myself and think "Is that stinger that just shot me down actually a gayboy?" Probabbly not... Like I say, didn't take offence [i'm not even gay, so that'd be quite odd anyway] or mean to seem like I was having a go mate!

It should be pretty obvious that I meant vehicles that are POSSIBLE to board because I already mentioned that my human team mates are able to board. I never complained about not being able to board CERTAIN vehicles. I'm complaining about AI's refusing to sit IN vehicles that I'M already in!

Sorry if the term "ghhhhheyyy" offends you that much that u fail to read my post. But I have every right to feel annoyed by something and call it "gay" or "really f-ing gheeyyy". Just ask the billions of FPS gamers who use that term in a daily basis.

Great! Gotta love that "If millions of other people do it, it must be ok!" line.

I really don't want to get bogged down in this but 'ghey' stems from 'gay' and no matter how much you want to try and downplay it, you're associating being homosexual with something negative.

Here's a thought (if you can manage one), why not try and be your own person rather than following and copying what 'billions' of FPS gamers do. Yeah?

Yup, and I suppose if I were to describe something as being "girly" that must make me misogynist! I am just one evil politically incorrect hatemongering free thinker are'nt I?

Simple way around this is to tell the AI to board after the human players are aboard.Planck

I think there is a bug in this situation also. If you get in and order them to embark and then switch to some other position (e.g. driver to gunner on the Humvee), the team member first designated to board at the gunner position will reply that he is not able to enter. But, still at the gunner position, if you order him to enter again and to take any position, he will still reply that he is unable. Then even if you go to driver's position again, he will still not embark. You have to disembark and embark again for that team member to be able to enter the vehicle.

It's not a showstopper because it's easily avoided, but can be annoying (the "Unable to commit" save bug, on the other hand, is).

It's worse now in the Campaign Mission RAZOR TWO because sometimes they take up the Observer's seat of STARFORCE 21. Sometimes, that crewman actually gets out of the Huey because of one of my AI team mates.

Redneck attitude aside, as the mod said, wait for the humans to board then tell the AI to board, or allow the AI to board then have the humans board. It's like telling one of your mates to drive a car then jumping in the driving seat before they can get in.. little confusing don't you think.

Always make sure never to be an asshole and wrong at the same time.

When you tell an AI to board a vehicle, it selects and seat and will not sit anywhere else. The choice persists even after the order is canceled.

Always make sure never to be an asshole and wrong at the same time.

When you tell an AI to board a vehicle, it selects and seat and will not sit anywhere else. The choice persists even after the order is canceled.

The one good thing is that once everyone is in, then there is no problem switching seats with any of the A.I.s at all.

It's like telling one of your mates to drive a car then jumping in the driving seat before they can get in.. little confusing don't you think.

Yes, but if you tell them to come in again, they should reevaluate which positions are available, don't you think?

It did work that way ever since OpF, after all. And this is the troubleshooting part of the forum where bugs are reported, among other things.

Edited by ijozic

I get what you mean, put it in the bug list thread or the suggestion forum

I understand what you mean and yes, its very annoying.

The only way around it is to order AI in vehicle AFTER humans are in.

Calling something stupid by saying gay is the same as saying something is stupid because it's "black" or "green-haired".

Bottom line: this argument is really fricking tan.

As rediculous as this thread is, there is a point.

Me and my squad run up to a humvee.

"ALL, GET IN THAT CAR"

"ROGER".

I get into the driver seat.

"2: NEGATIVE"

2 wanted to be the driver, as it was logical when the order was given that 2: driver, 3: gunner; 4...: passangers. When the player enters the driver's seat 2's job is then impossible, and the player needs to manually reassign number 2, which always feels utterly unnessesary.

If when someone else, such as the player boards the position of the vehicle 2 was told to generically 'get in' to, should 2 not be reassigned to the next available slot in the vehichle?

How many times has a player shouted 'gogogo! for razor team to board star-force-21 as his team runs to an extraction point, only to be held up as Sykes stubbornly refuses to board the waiting chopper, claiming that he wanted the crew commander seat?

Seriously BIS, change this, it was one of the first 'aww they still havnt changed that' moments i had when i first tried arma2.

Yes. Muzza understands what exactly happens when you give the order to board a vehicle and then you, or other human players mount the transport in crew positions before the AI does.

Personally I like the bug where if you board your own transport as cargo... all the AI crew turn out like they're going on Parade... and they won't close hatches and drive buttoned up unless you take control of a crew position and give the order to button up.