Sign in to follow this  
drewb

Arma 2 instalation

hey i just bought arma 2, and it wont install, when i try it gives me this message after a few min of instalation.

FILE COPY ERROR (CRC does not match).

C:\Programfiles\BohemiaInteractive\ArmA2\Addons\anims.pbo

ive tried this instalation over and over, always the same message

my computer should run this game on the absoulutly highest settings my rig is, AMD phenom II x4 955 black edition, ati raedon 4870, m4a79 deluxe motherboard, 4gb ddr2 crosair ram, 750w psu, 640gb harddrive... any help guys??? Cheers, Drew.

---------- Post added at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

i should also add im runnig 32 bit windows xp sp3

CRC issues are usually bad DVD drives or bad DVDs. The only other problem that I can think of for a CRC issue is if your DVD drive is one of the few unlucky ones that has problems with Securom.

And good luck running this game at it's highest settings. Even my Q9550@3.6Ghz/GTX275 combo can't do that very well on XP. Rather high, but not maxed out :)

What kind of dvd drive do you got?

strange enough, i had some serious troubles with my IDE drive in the beginning, after switching to a sata drive i had no problems at all.

im not to sure what drive i have, all i know its a pioneer and its probaly no the greatest, how can i tell if its a sata drive???

I've been trying to solve the same issue for about 10 days now. Not so sure about it being a DVD drive problem; I have now tried 3 different make drives all less than 6 months old. I've made ISP images with 4 different programs and tried installing from mounted images, still the same problem. What I don't get is why I was able to install on my old P.C with out a hitch, trouble was that machine could only manage about 10 FPS on low settings. Also tried clean installs of XP, Vista and Windows 7 on freshly formatted SATA drives. Can a DVD disk determinate in a matter of a few weeks; there are no marks or scratches. I'm going to send it back and hopefully get a replacement disk.

i use german version.1.0057..i download patch 1..and 1,2 a,d 1.3...whenever i use tha patch..i see this massege...'cant find arma2 or u have to unistall or install is crupted' somthing like this..and icant use patches...somone help me..thanks

try updating the firmware on your DVD drive; or if you have another DVD drive handy, use it and see if it will work

i use german version.1.0057..i download patch 1..and 1,2 a,d 1.3...whenever i use tha patch..i see this massege...'cant find arma2 or u have to unistall or install is crupted' somthing like this..and icant use patches...somone help me..thanks

did you rename your Arma2.exe to something different (like Crysis.exe)? change it back and it should work. if not, do a clean reinstall of the game and then patch

i do have a sata drive. installed on my buddys pc no prob. think im going to borrow his dvd drive and give it a try. thanks for all your help, will let you know how it goes

Make sure the disk indexing service is off.

Failing that download a copy - you paid for it already so no problem.

Try copying the files from the dvd to a hard drive again making sure the hard drive has indexing off.