Sign in to follow this  
IGFs TopGun

'operation flashpoint: resistance' - details & scr

Posted screenshots should be less than 100kb smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 20 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just put new buildings on the old islands too  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

New buildings are not just that old ones with new texture. They are completely new so old missions would not work anymore....

Medvidek, while you're lurking here, is that indeed a pistol shoulder holster on that previous pic and does that mean that Resistance will introduce small arms to OFP?

Will OFP: Resistance also feature udated visual SFX?

Like for example water splashing upon projectile impact, improved and more realistic explosions, High res environmental effects (clouds/ rain that also splashes on the ground/thunder).

A feature i´m really hoping for is that tracers will bounce off in random directions upon impact on the ground/trees/buildings/armored vehicles.

The thing Im most looking forward to is large assaults on towns.

Resistance *breaths is *breaths* gonna *breaths be sweeet! smile.gif

OFP is going to have everything I wish it had and more! smile.gif

Dig the Hi Res baby... hell yeah.

I dont care about sidearms, as long as the netcode improves enough that we can start adding choppers to our squads' matches.

I already have kissed Lamespy goodbye. If you dont already, get the All-Seeing Eye

that doesnt look like a sidearm holster, sorta looks like a backback strap or sumthin..

will BIS make it compatible so that people who dont wanna buy OFP resistance can play with people who have OFP resistance?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Deus Ex @ Mar. 21 2002,09:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">will BIS make it compatible so that people who dont wanna buy OFP resistance can play with people who have OFP resistance?<span id='postcolor'>

That question was already tossed at BIS. No conclusive answer has been returned yet to the best of my knowledge.

I'm hoping what you're hoping, though I will certainly get Resistance when it comes out.

Getting back to holsters and pistols, here's another pic, from another new article at Gameport CZ (thanks again to OFP Network:

t_001.jpg

Just click on the thumbnail for the full size pic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 20 2002,17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Medvidek? It's such a simple question.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

now, let me be an a-hole and worry about something

as you see, high expetations, if unmet, can turn into great feeling of rejection. so for all those who are having orgasm just looking at OFP: Resistance news/pic, please be advised that don't be upset when if some expectations were not met.

otherwise, i can see some one going off like Axle on-line.

Yep bye bye Gameshit....

maybe the worst monitoring system i ever see, this was one of the baddiest thing i hate in OPF 1.0....gameshit carry the cheater world in CS, they monitor the worst server with map created by monkey drunkard and compiled with the foot (i once disintalled it just after reinstall OPF).

Allseeingeyes is larger better.

The sidearms... i really dunno

The compatibility with OPF, as i can say as Lawyer is that BIS is forced to take a minima compatibility to OPF, becse u buy a "licence of use"...

And thought an editor which after 2years that promised better netcode just if u buy the new part of game==> it would be pointed by all the gamer community.

So i guess there ll be some compatibility (hence the video engine is the same, apart from the texture, why it would be not compatible?)....

And if the campaign is like BIS work, like red hammer i still havnt finished yet just to take my time *ahem i buy it 2 month ago... but well u know... i 'm still at mission 9... one mission per week.. got time till Resistance* smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jawk @ Mar. 21 2002,12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The compatibility with OPF, as i can say as Lawyer is that BIS is forced to take a minima compatibility to OPF, becse u buy a "licence of use"...<span id='postcolor'>

They could wrap it into a new product called OFP 2, which is NOT what we purchased.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So i guess there ll be some compatibility (hence the video engine is the same, apart from the texture, why it would be not compatible?)....<span id='postcolor'>

In one word: money.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And if the campaign is like BIS work, like red hammer<span id='postcolor'>

RH was produced by CM, not by BIS.

This is very cool. Well l don't think BIS is really saying the truth about the specs remaining the same. The textures look a lot better now and the tress look amazing. I wonder about enviromental effects like weather effects and other cool things. In addition will the psysics engine be improved for this?

Time for me to throw some serious overclock on this baby biggrin.gif

Wonder if the trees and bushes move in the wind now, that would be very nice smile.gif

Hmmm...bit inconvenient that the old islands will keep the same look though sad.gif

Having said that, I do like playing through the original campaign over and over again smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 23 2002,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Having said that, I do like playing through the original campaign over and over again smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Me too. smile.gif