Sign in to follow this  
ebmorgan

DANGER! Beware of the 1.03 Patch.

What complete garbage. First the patch crashes my RAID FS. I reboot, try again and ignore all the errors for the files that DID successfully copy the first time. The patch completes successfully. Then when I start the game...CTD at the "ArmA II" splash screen. I had NO stability or performance issues with 1.02. Now it's F@&KED!

I created an account here for one reason: to complain. I thought EA and Take Two were bad for putting out software before it's ready. THIS GAME TAKES THE CAKE. There are SOOOOOO many gameplay issues that this game shouldn't have even made it out of BETA. Nearly impossible to play with all the AI issues of teammates getting stuck...menus not displaying on some vehicles properly...looping explosions (those are not "secondaries" as some might think. Jeeps don't blow up 10 times every 1 minute on the dot).

Here's my suggestion to everyone: get your money back. I already did.

PS: I'm gonna do a complete removal and reinstall of ArmA II + 1.03. If my findings with this patch are not reproducable, I will retract my statement about patch issues. But you're out of luck about the poor development. I guess this is what we get for buying software made in a country who's #1 technological export is buffing MMORPG characters for $$$...:rolleyes:

Bohemia, call me when you figure out how to develop software.

No problems on my end nor Raid-0

I'm gonna nuke-n-pave my ArmA2 install then patch with 1.03 and see what happens.

But that won't fix all the AI and interface misques....like dialog overlapping....another amazing FAIL.

What complete garbage. First the patch crashes my RAID FS. I reboot, try again and ignore all the errors for the files that DID successfully copy the first time. The patch completes successfully. Then when I start the game...CTD at the "ArmA II" splash screen. I had NO stability or performance issues with 1.02. Now it's F@&KED!

I created an account here for one reason: to complain. I thought EA and Take Two were bad for putting out software before it's ready. THIS GAME TAKES THE CAKE. There are SOOOOOO many gameplay issues that this game shouldn't have even made it out of BETA. Nearly impossible to play with all the AI issues of teammates getting stuck...menus not displaying on some vehicles properly...looping explosions (those are not "secondaries" as some might think. Jeeps don't blow up 10 times every 1 minute on the dot).

PS: I'm gonna do a complete removal and reinstall of ArmA II + 1.03. If my findings with this patch are not reproducable, I will retract my statement about patch issues. But you're out of luck about the poor development. I guess this is what we get for buying software made in a country who's #1 technological export is buffing MMORPG characters for $$$...:rolleyes:

You had no issue whatsoever prior to 1.03 and now not one day after 1.03 you have all these problems, have given up, and gotten your money back?

I don't buy it.

sorry - issue resolved

Edited by Callsign

I'm not sure I understood that correctly. Did you say you installed, or patched with a bunch of errors (corrupt install/patch) and you can't understand why it's not working?

I'm gonna nuke-n-pave my ArmA2 install then patch with 1.03 and see what happens.

But that won't fix all the AI and interface misques....like dialog overlapping....another amazing FAIL.

But you said you got your money back?

It`s not easy reinstalling a game that you already got a refund for.

Hmm.. not meaning to sound insulting, put the initial thread post seems to have more bugs than Soldner.

Okay...nuke-n-paving then patching worked. I guess there's more to the patch than simple file transfers. So that's working...thank god.

Now we'll have to see if the AI issues and looping are resolved with this patch.

S4!t....but now that Direct2Drive has refunded my money, I wonder if the game will become unplayable when it processes...hmmmm.

Fingers crossed.....and I hope these in-game issues are resolved.

Haha.. yeah, there's a good chance that your digital signature will be revoked shortly and the game will become unplayable. But that's ok, just contact them and buy it back again if you want.