Sign in to follow this  
whopper_with_cheese

CTD when 1.03 trying to load 1.02 save?

As title says, trying to continue my campaign in BADLANDS, and get CTD with 1.03 (never had a CTD in arma2 before)

Happen to anyone else?

Serves me right for applying patch before finishing the mission...only had 1 base to go too :)

(but patch notes suggested 1.02 saves are ok)

was playing under XPhome32

sorry, haven't finished d/ling the patch yet.

besides the save issue - some first statements about the patch?!

first statements: i hate it

i have to re-do several hours of work by starting Badlands mission again :)

at least the r3tards (razor team) can move now, at the start of the mission.

performance wise, its still very good under xp. keen to try win7 to see if it really has been improved as per others comments.

More comments:

Number2 was runover and killed by the friendly HQ bmp immediately after the cutscene. Naturally it was my fault and mission failed. Honestly... spend more time in this game fighting the friendly AI and interface, than the enemy

Edited by whopper_with_cheese

Same exact issue. CTD when loading Dogs of War save 1.02.

Nice to hear the guys move now. I got around that issue by wounding them and then healing them. Maybe that is a known workaround, never looked it up.

as with almost every other patch, you have to restart the mission from the beginning so all the updates will "load"

that'd be fine, but this patch implies 1.02 saves will work fine until next mission for updates to kick in.

Another prob still remaining: UAZ MG muzzle flashes staying on permanently

well I just tried to load Dogs of War from my save during the mission and the game froze and CTD. I reverted to the beginning and now everything works smooth

Patch notes:

- It is not recommended to use any savegames created in versions 1.00 or 1.01, if you use a savegame from 1.02 some of the fixes may not apply to that game in progress until the beginning of a new mission.

BIS obviously think 1.02 saves should be fine, just dont expect the bug fixes to kick in until a new mission starts, whether that be finishing or reverting the current mission.

has anyone managed to load a 1.02 save successfully?

Yeah, same with any patch on Arma 2, and a lot of other games. You need to revert to the start of the mission, this happens because things may change drastically in the mission and while BIS can update your game files, they can't update your save files so mid-mission saves still have the old corrupt data and argue with the new data.

Same problem here.

Got the patch from steam tonight, and crashes on load of my latest mission. I haven't messed around to see what conditions make it crash, but given that I have spent more time trying to get this game to work than actually shooting at anyone, I'm not sure I am going to invest any more effort.

It's too bad, cause the game has such potential, but it's pre-alpha quality is going to kill it for good. Such a disappointment after operation flashpoint...

Same crashes here, loading saved scenarios. (Haven't tried loading campaign yet.)

Is everyone just complaining that they can't load their saves mid mission?

Just asking 'cause as I stated, that's not a bug.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Use the revert button to revert to the start of the mission.

Dont expect older saves under other patched to work right, I never do, not matter what the change log states ref 1.02 saves.

Is everyone just complaining that they can't load their saves mid mission?

Just asking 'cause as I stated, that's not a bug.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Use the revert button to revert to the start of the mission.

yes they are

it is a bug, they state it should work. it doesnt.

its been raised here as a warning to other customers, not to believe this 'feature' works 100%

this isnt an argument about whether we should have reverted back or not in the first place, its a thread asking if anyone else had the problem, or managed to continue successfully...lets keep it that way

I wasn't trying to insult all of you, just saying that the post at the top of this page seemed to think that it was common sense that if the save game mid-mission didn't work then they should call it a pre-alpha game and quit playing because of this one issue... hence my "use the revert button"

I notice that BIS mentions that Save games should work, but if it doesn't work, just revert, and I have nothing against this thread as well, just think it belongs more in the general area if it's only to gather information and not to troubleshoot in any form.

The patch readme suggests old saves should load, but may not contain fixes for the patch. The game should not exit to the desktop with some message, it should at least pop up a 'Failed to load incompatible save game, please revert/restart mission.' and and let the user deal with that within game.

It should, but it doesn't.

Fortunately we know we can revert to the start of the mission, as that's common sense. So what's the complaint?