Sign in to follow this  
Flightster

You were banned message... (not joking)

Hi folks,

Just wanted to see if anyone here would be able to help out with an issue I'm having.. Tonight I was playing on my clan's server, and got the "no message received for x seconds" message. So, I disconnect and reconnect again when suddenly I keep getting the "you were banned" screen when ever I try to connect.

I know for a fact that I wasn't banned, seeing as I'm in the clan and the admin on duty took the ban off as soon as I told him.. But a few minutes later the same thing happened (with no admin on), so I'm a little godsmacked..

Anyone have a clue? Or might my fellow clanmembers be having a laugh?

The latter is possible. It's also possible that something in the server configuration is messing with a mod you have loaded, or detecting it as a mod if you have a different Arma 2 version than everyone else (like D2D/German/etc)

I don't have any mods loaded, and neither does the server.. It's very odd none the less, seeing as I have been able to play on the server without any problems for the past couple of weeks.

The only thing I can think off is that I have the steam version, but that shouldn't be an issue I think.

PS: The same thing happpened to another one of our members, but I haven't been able to speak to him yet.. I'm thinking it's either a hacker, a serverproblem or my clanleader trying to be funny. I just can't figure it out at the moment, except that it's not very funny.

Edited by Flightster

Have you tried in Steam right click on ARMA2>Properties>Local files> 'verify integrity of game cache'?

I just did that, yes.. But untill an admin gets on, I won't find out if it did anything :-)

And, Hi snack! If you indeed are the snackbar we all know and love on the TG server, lol

this happen when on server autobann worck on some signature check. its a bug of game protection. need off this features b4 they dont fix this stuff

Yeah, after asking around it became clear to me that it's indeed a problem with the server security.. It seems it has happened to about half my clan in the past, so we'll probably be able to get it sorted soon.. Just have to wait untill that lazy scotsman (clan leader) gets on xD

Thanks for all the help folks, hope I'll be able to play again soon and not be banned again :-/

Hi Flightster. I was having this problem. I personnaly solved it by moving the bin.pbo file onto my desktop (from the dta folder) i did this because i had the 'no blur mod' and this seemed to keep getting me kicked. When i moved it the bin.pbo reappeared of it's own accord and now i can connect fine. Sorry there is no official explanation as to how or why it worked but it did. Give it a go. Can't hurt and it might do the trick! Best of luck

Sorry there is no official explanation as to how or why it worked but it did

Eh? You just explained how and why it worked. You used a mod which changes the core data of the game and the server didnt like that.

ah good point, what i meant was i didn't realise that removing the bin.pbo would cause it to reappear of it's own accord. I thought i would have to do a full reinstall. But i don't really understand how these things work

we had the same problem on our server.. no mods what so ever.

we fixed the problem by editing the server.cfg.. changing

onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)";

to

onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";

this is not a solution i wanted.. but its good enough for now.

no more ban :p

i have see alot of other people having the same issue.

there seams to be a bug in the servercode :\

Not sure if this issue has been resolved but if you got disconnected and tried to rejoin

then you will recieve a message saying banned or kicked.

It could mean that (2) instances of players are in game and so the server thinks a second copy is running.