Sign in to follow this  
splatterdk

Arma 2 - For real?

I'm hanging out for the next driver pack from NVIDIA as they seem to be putting in more of an effort fixing the game than BIS are.

I might be wrong about BIS but the months keep on ticking over & I would really love to play the single player campaign the way I intended to when I spent my hard earned cash on the game.

There should have been a sticker on the front of the box that read:

"Beware! you will not be able to play the single player campaign as we have not yet ironed out a quarter of the bugs. Have a nice day"

Nice to see, allmost 90% of the people dont get the point!!!..

Anyways FACTS:

My system:

Intel Core 2 Quad (Yorkfield) Model Q9650 (3.0GHz) Clocked to 3.6 GHz

Corsair Twin3X 2x2048MB DDR3 DDR1333

Sata 2 Harddrive with 10k rpm

Graphic Card: Geforce XFX Geforce GTX295

check your OC stability and my post here. Add some v core to your cpu and test the same mission where when you select a group of AI it crashes:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82006

Well if you did a little research (or even asked a few question) you'd see the problem is most likely the GTX295

But its ok, below is the standard BIS Game player cycle, has been for OFP and ArmA1

- Read the reviews

- Go, "hmmm looks interesting"

- Buy the game

- Install

- Go "Wow, thats like nothing I've seen before"

- Go, "Oh a couple bugs"

- Wait a week and say "bugger you BIS, I'm not waiting for the patch"

- Unistall the game

- Play some new shitty expensive game or 2

- Loose all faith cuz that developer wont even acknowledge there might be a community

- 6 months later remember "Oh! thats right. Wheres that awesome XXX game from BIS"

- Reinstall and Patch

- Go "WoooooW"

- Play for a few years

Gnat;1390534']problem is most likely the GTX295

Hmmm i didn't read "PLZ DONT USE A GTX295 BEFORE PATCH 1.05" in the hardware requirements for the game. Or have i missed something? ;)

BIS is getting off lightly, releasing an unfinished game and all. AND having the balls to charge full price.

I can't disagree with angry sentiments. Even though I have few problems running the game and enjoy it tremendously, I can understand why people that don't/can't would want to voice their opinions.

But I need to point this out. For the most point your statement is just not accurate. BIS is the developer, not publisher. True they released an unfinished game, especially v1.00 which I owned, but I highly doubt BI has as much control over the release then most people on these forums think. Same goes for price. Ultimately, that's a publishing decision as well.

This said, sometimes I feel like I want get on the forums and just throw bombs about the problems with the game. But this really would do no good because I ultimately have no clue who really is too blame for the unfinished state, bugs, etc. It could be entirely the case that the publishers "forced" BIS' hand and pushed an early build out the door. And when it comes to a publishing contract or any contract, breaking any terms/agreements/etc. is not the wisest thing.

Troubleshooting is for posting requests to solve specific troubleshooting issues, rants/complaints and such belong in the pinned impressions thread in General.