Sign in to follow this  
jureidinim

Editor - warping units

Hi all.

I'm playing the demo and messing around in the editor. However, i see many times vehicles warping/teleporting to another spot on the map. Is this only in the demo?? I hope this doesn't happen in the real game.

To elaborate, I have say three tanks moving down the road (from north) to engage BlueFor units at the airfield (Utes map). One tank may get stuck (or so it seems on the Map display - moving forward and back like its hitting a wall). Then - it appears south of the airfield!

I am thinking of getting the game - i know of the wonky ai with driving vehicles, but i didn't expect this craziness. Is this happening in the real version of the game??

I use the editor all the time and have not seen this problem...

I'm playing retail version by the way...

What you see on the map ingame is not a precise reflection of what's going on. All the unit positions as you see them on the map are based on your knowledge about those units. So, for instance, if you saw an enemy tank near the village of Guglovo like 5 minutes ago and then lost contact, the tank icon will stay there for some time. If you then meet the tank again say 2 kilometers away, it will "warp" on your map as well.

Hmm. I know the information on the map is only as good as whoever can see/hear the vehicle at the time. But the warping had tanks appearing directly south of my position when they were scripted to come from the north. Not sure how they got there - possibly a very scenic diversion by the driving AI..... lol.

Anyway, glad to hear its not in retail.

I may pick this up. Still deciding. Thanks for the help.

I got warping/laggy units in Singleplayer (realtime, not map) in the full game.

Happens with the "target that enemy" icon too. So shooting randomly into trees usually isn't a good idea because the target is probably elsewhere.

I got warping/laggy units in Singleplayer (realtime, not map) in the full game.

That´s most likely the new animation LOD you´re seeing...i hate it too :mad: