Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Tip for Runway at Balota

This is just a tip for anyone who is having problems making Su-25s take off from the runway at Balota.

There is a tree (ID# 1026473) at the end of the northern end of the runway. This tree creates a problem when a Su-25, SU-34 and/or a C-130 tries to take off from it. I cannot get the C-130 to take off correctly from this runway but I can the Su-25 and Su-34.

So this is how:

This is my tip if you need the Su-25 or Su-34 to take off from this runway. Put a tank of some kind on the tree (ID# 1026473) and give it a waypoint to move away. Your plane will now be able to take off.

You may also notice two telephone posts on either side of the tree but the planes go right between them or at least have everytime I have tested it.

I imagine there is a way to delete the tree altogether but this is a nice quick easy way to do it.

Krasnostav is a bit more complicated though. I do imagine that a similar trick would work however there are far more trees and a fence.

At Balota sometimes the Su-25s that manage to take off after I knocked the tree down turn the wrong way and end up in a hill.

Edited by Jakerod
Tested the Su-34 and C-130 and also Krasnostav Edit 2: Additional testing.

Good idea, but most people intent to imply realism to there maps, and a tank running over a tree at the end of a runway is unrealistic and random.

Good idea, but most people intent to imply realism to there maps, and a tank running over a tree at the end of a runway is unrealistic and random.

Its more supposed to be a thing that you don't see. As in have it happen while the screen is blacked out or the player is in a hanger and can't see it. I'm not saying put the player right next to the tree to watch it just if he needs a plane to take off from it that tree is in the way and it needs to go away some how and an explosion is a bit more detracting than a tank.

Problem is though that the planes sometimes veer to the right after take off putting them into a hill side.

I just use this when I want to fell some trees.

// Detroy it all trees
// place a game logic where you want to destroy the trees and pass gamelogic name and the radius of detruction.
// nul=[location,radius] execVM"gclear.sqf"
_location = _this select 0;
_radius   = _this select 1;

_what = (nearestObjects [_location,[],_radius]) - ((getPos _location) nearObjects _radius);
sleep 1.5;
{_x setdammage (1.0)} forEach _what;

I also have a hard time taking off from there, both those smaller runways piss me off sometimes. I can get all the planes in the air most of the time, just not the c-130. I'll have to try this stuff out. Thanks.

I just use this when I want to fell some trees.

// Detroy it all trees
// place a game logic where you want to destroy the trees and pass gamelogic name and the radius of detruction.
// nul=[location,radius] execVM"gclear.sqf"
_location = _this select 0;
_radius   = _this select 1;

_what = (nearestObjects [_location,[],_radius]) - ((getPos _location) nearObjects _radius);
sleep 1.5;
{_x setdammage (1.0)} forEach _what;

Thanks for this I will start using it. Thats much better than the old tank method.

Here's how I do it:

Place a gamelogic close to the object you want have destroyed, give a unique name like "obj1234".

Use this command:

position obj1234 nearestObject 1234 setDamage 1

In above example 1234 is the ObjectID you want to have destroyed.

Thanks for this I will start using it. Thats much better than the old tank method.

if you replace

_x setdammage (1.0) 

with

delletecollection _x

it removes them from the map. It won't put them back until you quit the map and load another so use wisely.