Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Aircraft Effects

Where are effects such as contrails and vapor trails? I was hoping they'd be in ArmA 2 because OFP and ArmA left them out. Possible to mod this in?

check out the f-16 for arma 2... I know it has vapor trails, not sure about contrails though.

Do they really fly high enough to leave vapour trails?

Contrails occur at high altitude.

Wingtip vortices can occur at any altitude. We have these in some mods.

and countermeasures.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZTHnzY0lU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZTHnzY0lU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Thirdup

You can fly however high you want.

Yep, and the point of flying around way up there where you can't see the ground is what? We're talking 8k + meters in altitude.

Contrails occur at high altitude.

Wingtip vortices can occur at any altitude. We have these in some mods.

I am under the impression that TOP is talking about contrails because he said contrails. Water vapour condensing due to local changes in air pressure due to maneuver do not usually form a 'trail' that lasts for any amount of time, because the ambient duepoint at low altitudes is much lower and the temperature higher.

At any rate, it is possible to mod it in as you demonstrated.

Edited by Max Power

The only contrail that I think I've seen in ArmA2 is static in the sky over Utes.

contrail.jpg?t=1248161678