Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Non-blinding sun mod

No offense, but i will never use this mod.

It's so beautiful to observe default sky brightness (especially using in ARMA profile "HDRPrecision VALUE = 32")

The beauty of the sun illuminating the clouds is amazing...

Almost for me.

Cheers

Then move on fideco. Noone is asking you to sacrifice your high morals.

For some of us it is a nice thing.

An update for OA (and CO) would be lovely.

Then move on fideco. Noone is asking you to sacrifice your high morals.

Kremator

Do not disturb the moral values.

Not worth.

It 's just a matter of personal taste

I only expressed a liberal opinion

Also please: try not to be rude to me.

Cheers

No offense, but i will never use this mod.

Then don't post in this thread, you numpty !

Then don't post in this thread, you numpty !

i'm free to post anywhere, although you!

Cheers

Nay sayers are allowed to state their opinion as well. If the new guy came to this thread only seeing yay sayers, he might not give it a second thought about using such a mod or not.

I still haven't changed my mind, so I'm still a nay sayer. Using such a mod would break important tactical elements of the game, as you never have to take into consideration the way you attack from. Attack from a hill with the sun in your back, and your opponent will have a hard time seeing you. Allow this mod, and all that goes away.

With that, the new guy can weight it all up, knowing that there are drawbacks as well to using it.

I think Sakura_Chan way is much more realistic, when I watch the sun irl it's not like it goes supernova, not in north Europe anyway.

Same goes for vehicles, I'm driving since I'm 16 got my license 3 years ago, used a lot my car during night for work and I'm pretty sure it's overdone on Arma2, even if it depends of what "flare level" is switched on.

No because IRL you don't look at it like that because it hurts your eyes and starts on your head, in the game you can look at it, study it and decide to mess it up with an addon.

I think what we really need is some blending because at times it is more realistic and at times it is over done, all of which have to do with distance, angle, etc.

Wait a minute, in the pics I see blinding headlights. Is that the default in the game? Because i ain't getting that at all. I do get the blinding sun glare though. I like the blinding headlights.

EDIT: I figure it out. I didn't know that some vehicles in the game had brighter lights than others. I was using a small civilian car which doesn't have bright lights. I wonder if i could make them have blinding headlights like the others in the cfg.

Edited by Lorca