Sign in to follow this  
Raysputin

PVP killed by hackers

PVP games are a lot of fun, and i enjoy playing them for hours. It schemes like most nights one guy will hop in and either do the thing were it makes a bee noise and spawns 1000s of little guys around you on nooses swarming around like bees. Or the other more popular one is 10000 parachutes where the guy looks spawning out of the trees. To be honest i can play arma2 and play 5 movies on my computer so it doesnt really phase me, but the guys that instantly disconnect and sometimes the servers go down too. Like it will really rain on my parade, is there some way to ban these peoples keys? Like all games its not 500 people doing it once its 1 guy doing it 500 times. Wouldn't this count as a pretty clear cut case of violating the agreement thing with all these games.

I would really like to know what bohemia interactive is doing about this and when it will be implemented.

Also if you personally know how to prevent these people from ever joining it would be nice.

Probably better off taking it up with your servers admin, until BIS fixes the exploits anyway.

Hi Raysputin

Play on servers that run

verifySignatures = 1; 

Most servers do run it but both idiot admins and cheater servers, yes Cheaters do run their own servers, fail to run it.

verifySignatures = 1; 

stops any unauthorised or hacked addons dead.

I have been playing ArmA II since UK release and have not seen any cheats at all.

Kind Regards walker

Probably better off taking it up with your servers admin, until BIS fixes the exploits anyway.

BIS will never ever fix the exploits. Ever. They are there because of the extreme moddability of the game, and if they remove the exploits they remove moddability.

It's up to server admins to run with signature checks and only allow certain addons to keep the servers safe from hackers. The tools are there to do so. Only lazy admins' servers gets 'hacked' (essentially just clients running a home-made addon)

I'd like to think that ArmA2 doesn't attract players that care more about their points than enjoying the gameplay.

I've also always questioned why people cheat in games at all. What IS the point?!

This really eludes me.

What your talking about sounds more like a 'griefer' than 'cheater' per say.

i.e. someone who is there to ruin everyone else fun for their own (perverse) amusement as opposed to winning at all costs

At least the latter have a somewhat slanted motive!

I remember seeing YouTube videos of these $%&holes who used to do this with Berserk maps back in early ArmA1 days by spawning 50 LGB over the playing area.

Father issues.

Seriously.

Don't go down that road, Mad Rabbit, it'll only make you want to cry.

They are in it for the emotional response, so the best thing you can do is to ignore them (while you're banning them of course)

Edited by Hund

I've been on LOADS of PvP servers and haven't noticed ANY hackers at all.

Where are these mysterious beasts meant to be anyway ?