Sign in to follow this  
MajorNME

Can the game be fixed or is that it?

well, I even bought a new graphics card, invested 8 or 9 hours with driver experiments and game configuration (probably more), game reinstallations and different windows version.

Measured on the effects of the first two patches it'll take ten or twelve more patches to make the game playable.

The errors I get are a mix and combination of known errors, including the inexpressibly single player campaign.

It's not my job to write unittests for BI neither am I getting payed for QA tasks.

I even payed for this so called game.

If it won't get fixed I'll just uninstall and dump it. I don't wanna waste any more time trying to make it work.

It's not my job to write unittests for BI neither am I getting payed for QA tasks

Expect nothing back then.

PS - check stickies, search the forums, new patch coming in time. If that doesn't make you happy then do what your last sentence already states. As its open to personal view on whether it fixes what you need or not.

Edited by mrcash2009

Expect nothing back then.

PS - check stickies, search the forums, new patch coming in time. If that doesn't make you happy then do what your last sentence already states. As its open to personal view on whether it fixes what you need or not.

hm? it's my job to QA their software? I've got news for you: it is possible to write software that works. Why not release the sourcecode and have the community fix the game? BI already has the money and the people who bought the game are hoping for the next patch... and the next patch... and the next patch.. until they realize that they can't get their money back because the conversion period with their dealer expired.

I'm not being unrealistic, if a game comes out it'll require patches. But with other games, I can install it and play it with minor tweaks and have fun.

And I buy and play a lot of games. If I get 5 or 6 hours of fun out of a game that's ok, more hours of fun: great. Arma2: buying new hardware, hours and hours of tweaking and the result is a hardly playable game?

You seem to think that it's my duty to help BI to fix their product, so I can play the game. It's not.

"so you bought a game and expected that it works... hehe, right"

What hardware is this game working on? Is there a specific combination that actually works? What hardware did they test on? If I wanted to, could I buy a computer on which Arma2 is working at it's fun to play? If so, I would like to know what components these are, which specific versions of drivers are needed and which operating system.

This is not against you mrcash2009, you can have strange opinions, that's your right. If I could have fun with the game I wouldn't post

This is the Troubleshooting board, you are supposed to post in here asking for help troubleshooting a problem or several problems you might be experiencing with the game.

This is not the Trolling board, we don't actually have one for obvious reasons.

If you cannot post your system specifications and details of the problems you are experiencing then you are wasting your time posting here.

Planck

This is the Troubleshooting board, you are supposed to post in here asking for help troubleshooting a problem or several problems you might be experiencing with the game.

If you cannot post your system specifications and details of the problems you are experiencing then you are wasting your time posting here.

Planck

k, sorry. I'll stop posting. you keep ignoring problems. kthxbye

Planck

ah, I just realized that you are calling me a Troll ;) Funny, I buy your software and you call me a Troll, hehe. smart thing to do.

But I understand that. So you want me to list my complete hardware and the drivers I'm using and already have tested, and you want me to repeat all the bugs in the game. You probably want me to discribe how to describe reproduce each and every bug. And then, if I'm lucky, the community will help me (not BIS, the community). ah, and I have to search the troubleshooting forums, of course. And read each and every post and suggestion that was made so far... that makes sense. So I'm gonna invest another two day... no wait. lol

I'm with you major, game rushed out too early

It is a crying shame because apart from the problems this game checks all the boxes for me and I would have been addicted to it.

MajorNME - don't ya be so frustrated.

I know it's hard to spend time dealing with the hardware performance problems for we are all no professionals on that but are doctoring into the most complex technic world has to offer. And while an old car is "open source" with Microsoft you meet problems you are unable to solve for a long time because it's a black box: You shall not know how it works in detail.

Professionally I deal with software problems and I know that there is NO software without errors.

This forum has helped a lot of matters to fix for a lot of people.

And I think both of you crossed borders of good behaviour - but understandable for most of the readers I think.

Sure, Forum Moderators, aren't trained like those in a support hotline to swallow every overwhelming utter of frustration and react sometimes somewhat too angry.

But I think we can be sure to have - since Patch 1.02 - a game of an outstanding quality.

And it's going to be better every day - like they showed us with OFP and AA1.

It's a complex thing and especially the community itself is often fighting about what is good, what is arcade, what is realism etc.

Just think of all the kiddies that criticise that there are - comparably - no big booooooms but only realistic noises. They are able to create a sound addon and they are so happy with that!

I myself think, that - thinking about the fact that a normal software developing enterprise can engage in developing work from my 50 Euros for the game only five minutes: Think about what running a company does cost every minute. There are so many things to care about and to pay, beginning with sweeping the rooms, buying licenses, paying your tax accountant, lawyer, taxes, room lease rates, social insurance etc. etc.

I am sure this product couldn't be payed for if it would have been developed in the US or Germany.

Didn't the US government spend a 50 Mio. Dollars to have Americas Army developed? And what is the outcome?

We can really be happy with the game till now and be very happy in the future for they do go on with their work, though you already paid your money to them.

I have full trust in them and I was never disapointed - since 2001.

I have had fun, excitement over hours, weeks and months and years.

For only ... ahem .. what was the price of OFP in 2001 ? ;-))))

If it won't get fixed I'll just uninstall and dump it. I don't wanna waste any more time trying to make it work.

You've obviously already formed an opinion on how long it will take to bring the game up to your standards, so why don't you just go ahead and uninstall it?

Here's the list of people who actually give a damn:

-

This is not against you mrcash2009, you can have strange opinions, that's your right.

Yes I agree I do have that right, but .. strange ... me thinks not my friend. After all Planck has pretty much outlined the points really.

Sorry you have issues, and yes its isn't great, but there are places here to post what would help, as you do not want to, then, well its a groundhog day thread.

Edited by mrcash2009