Sign in to follow this  
Tincup

Maybe we need a HotFix?

I know BIS is working on 1.03, and the people here that witnessed the games bugs are surely thankful of that. But outside of the AI issues, and MP issues lies that more important issues that should be resolved first. Let me say I am one of the lucky few that are able to play the game with decent framerates. But I have many friends that aren't as lucky. I am not here to post a rant or give anyone grief. It is merely a suggestion from someone that enjoys the game and want to see it succeed. I just think the issues at hand need to be prioritized.

1. The game has issues with Intel i7 Hyperthreading

2. There is an memory issue with Nvidia video cards.

3. ATI 4000 series card owners and the known graphical/texture issues

4. Issue with SLI/CF having to implement a workaround in order to uses these technologies, and the poor performance when they are used.

5 Receiving screen bug that evidently affects many people that visit our forums.

There are many bugs that are to be expected with any release of a game, I am aware of that. It is impossible to test the game in a way that every type of hardware is ensured to be compatible or optimal for the game.

After months of beta testing, and all of the feedback in the forums there should be a HUGE effort to fix the issues that keep people from playing the game AT ALL. Issues like fixing AI, or adjusting the visibility when flying should be issues that come in as a distant second to the issues that are keeping people who have bought and paid for a game that they are unable to play.

In closing, while I am sure you are working feverishly trying to work as many fixes as you can into 1.03, maybe it would be a good idea to fix the issues mentioned above that are keeping all these people from enjoying any part of the game at all.

i totally agree with you tincup,it s a simple concept for homo sapiens brain but if you have readen the other threads there is people who doesnt care about us,they think we are just whiner kids and forgive we are here because we love the game and we want to make it better........

I am feed up by

- Hot-releases like ArmA 1 and ArmA 2

- Hot-beta-patches

- hotfixes

- hot-air of promises never becoming true

What we need is cold-blooded quality managment

Tin Cup, your missing the worst issue i have come across

Failed to start DriectX 9 Engine Error

Atleast you can get into the game. I have to spend close to 45 mins of work arounds to get a game. And if i install the patch i cannot play AT ALL. And i have not been able to find a single working reply from any of the Mod's here, or anyone that seems to know what they are doing... Its NOT a directX problem no matter how many times you are told to just run the ones off the game CD.

Edited by y2khippy

Well I wasn't implying that the things I posted were the only serious issues. There are many, I just wanted to say that I think the patches should be prioritized so they fix the most issues first. Gameplay features should be worried about afterwards. I think I am going to start a thread "this system worked for me" so we can find out what combination of hardware and software works well.

Edited by Tincup

i totally agree with you tincup,it s a simple concept for homo sapiens brain but if you have readen the other threads there is people who doesnt care about us,they think we are just whiner kids and forgive we are here because we love the game and we want to make it better........

There is truth in your statement Aelin. Some people are quick to judge others issues.

But, this forum is like every other game forum. The same group that generally complains that it's taking to long to be released are the same ones who complain that the game was released too soon and has too many bugs. Then the forum turns into what we have witnessed here, a small but loud opinion of how horrible the game truly is.

We all know there are issues that need to be, and will be resolved as quickly as possible. The community that has lived thorugh Arma understands this will happen, BIS does a very good job of patching the game while trying not to create new problems.

Arma II is like every other PC game that has been released in the last 5-10 years, it has bugs. So did BF, CoD and all the other highly popular game titles.

And the one aspect this game has that almost no other has is a fantastic modding community. Other games have mods, but the Arma community brings new missions, vehicles and game mods that in most repects have no equal.

Do I think Arma II is perfect? Not at all. Have some patience, this game will get better and better, this I promise.

There is truth in your statement Aelin. Some people are quick to judge others issues.

But, this forum is like every other game forum. The same group that generally complains that it's taking to long to be released are the same ones who complain that the game was released too soon and has too many bugs. Then the forum turns into what we have witnessed here, a small but loud opinion of how horrible the game truly is.

We all know there are issues that need to be, and will be resolved as quickly as possible. The community that has lived thorugh Arma understands this will happen, BIS does a very good job of patching the game while trying not to create new problems.

Arma II is like every other PC game that has been released in the last 5-10 years, it has bugs. So did BF, CoD and all the other highly popular game titles.

And the one aspect this game has that almost no other has is a fantastic modding community. Other games have mods, but the Arma community brings new missions, vehicles and game mods that in most repects have no equal.

Do I think Arma II is perfect? Not at all. Have some patience, this game will get better and better, this I promise.

you are a reasonable person,nice to meet you

I would be glad if they would just fix the campaigne bugs. I can deal with most of the other problems.

I dont play much online except with my league as it is hard to get people to work with you and no run off like BF2 players.