Sign in to follow this  
jawk2

No more respawn killing in mp

just meet another "fairplay" player....

i never see one night without having pb with respawn killer...

his name is:

Maximus[-=WT=-]

Just one word, shame:

shame on him to have such unfair and childish behaviour...

and shame on "WT" clan to have some bad player like him.

This story is not ended i promised this time.I ve nearly quit CS-game, even if i played it since the beginning... i ll not stay and watch OPF be the same as CS filled with TK,insult, racism, biggot,cheater,lamer... OPF must not become like this!

*énerver le JL... fallais pas me chercher non plus, sa va se payer au prix fort*

I dont know if this is off track but i read something about, the dead or destroyed unit being the one that noticed whom killed or destroyed them.

Im fairly sure it was in a readme from one the upgrade patchs. I still find lag will hinder this though as in killed by whom. AI causes the same thing but i know lag dose aswell, because AI dosent steal your tank after it lit you up with some form of exposion/bullit ect.

Regarding "Maximus[-=WT=-]", maybe we should hunt him down every night on whatever server we find him, and frag his ass until he comes to his senses.

2 jawk:

What would you do if enemy respawn area would be just 50 meters away from their flag? Would you shoot the respawning players as soon they appear, trying to give you teammate time to take the flag safely, or would you wait until the enemy shoot you and your teammates?

map creators are to blame for most respawn casualties. i've seen loads of MP games where the respawn areas were only yards away from the team's flag or their weaponry.

if one team is going for the flag, the other team's players are obvious targets if they are close to the flag

Agreed, most respawn areas should be a reasonable distance from the flags, and they should be somewhat blocked from the flag so as to prevent those in the respawn from sniping from there or something.

I would imagine that placing respawns within walking distance of the flag is good, but make it about a 30-second "jog" from the respawn. That also makes strategy more important since you can't just die and immediately come back shooting at the person going for your flag.

only time i shoot out of respawn is when there are 3 hicks flying choppers over my town. then it takes me about 10-15 aa missiles to down them, tough job to do when you have to walk 100 metres to reload.

respawn killers are very distastefull that's why you should only play at server with admins and where there is at least some intelligent chat going on. you only have yourself to blame if you end up in a kiddie l3370 server, it only takes about 5 minutes of observation and typing to determine wether the people playing are the parents or their kids tounge.gif .

Is there a list of guidelines regarding this anywhere?

If not, I suggest the OFP community work together to create one (check out my thread, I created this before I saw this one).

Maybe we could each add and debate points about this sensitive subject.

Dude, no guideline will help stop respawn killing.

Its a responsibility of every player. How do you expect NOT to have that when you have a server admin not only allowing this but actually doing it himself. I've never played on any server but Radishville (this is NOT a pitch). Yesterday, however, i visited FragHaus for the first time. OH MY G*D !!!

Now i know why there were all these threads about how much gameplay suxx there. They have these little kids as admins (not voted, but actual admins) running the show.

You wanna see some base raping and respawn killing - go there. Anyhow, this problem will stay with the community until such time when people playing are mature enough to understand all the lameness of what they are doing.

HOW ABOUT WE LEARN TO GAURD THE RESPAWN? Damn it seems like every CTF I go to has peeps guarding the flags. Well the flag is one of your vulnerabilities. The other is your respawn. Maybe if the map maker didnt use safezones, it would be wise to defend your spawn as much as you defend your flags.

Lets quit whining, and think tactics! Out smart your opponents, dont out whine them.

agreed to Sgt.Kamai,

Why do all start crying for base raping or respawn killing?

One of the best tactics to defeat your enemy is, to cut

off his suply lines - and this is what base raping or respawn

killing is similar to. Protect your base from terrorist's acts

and protect the arrival of your reinforments (respawn should

be seen in this way).