Sign in to follow this  
Scimitar67

Any tutorials on Command Menus

Are there any tutorials on how to use squad command menus for single squads and high command.

I am playing missions and have no idea how to call in other squads which mission enables, call in artillery etc.

Great game but the command menus are extensive.

Thanx for your reply Blitz

All helpful

I played the tutorials and High command etc but there are other aspects such as how to call in artillery, how to use a mobile HQ (a BDRM) I acquired in badlands and why you need to lock it / unlock it.

Also things like if you have a mobile HQ what can options can you activate and how. THe BDRM mobile HQ keeps asking if i want to lock it / unlock it.

capabilities of a mobile HQ nice to know.

I was wondering if there was a written tutorial by an enthusiast on command menus etc.

A previous post had a link to a very comprehensive fan's tutorial on ARMA II features and play.

I can't find the link

I notice on the web site that there is going to be a series of Developer Diaries walking through various command issues. The first one on basic commands I found very useful but where are the others? That one was posted on 1 July. Can't we have them all now? At this rate I'll be playing Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising long before I've grasped the ability to control my squad!

Scimitar67,

while we are all waiting for some more substantial answers than the one Blitz offered, I suggest to look at the various threads about voice control (Pilfius, Shoot, VAC, etc.) even if you don't intend to actually use voice control. You will find so-called profiles which basically are lists of commands you can give to the AI or your avatar.

I have been trying to compile a list of these commands which you may find useful, though it is not complete, yet. You can find the list here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0mhhgmj5tyk

Edited by Alpha-Kilo
Tested the link.

That's a very well written tutorial on tactics.

But is there an equivalent tutorial on the game itself (ie what the various keys actually do) that would explain the difference for example between "command fire" , "fire" and the menu selection "open fire" ?

command fire is telling the gunner in the tank or apache to fire.

Which is in the flying tutorial.