Sign in to follow this  
Snelz

UK / Euro HOLD Multiplayer Servers

been enjoying the game since i got it few days ago but have noticed that the 64 man servers when full always seem to lag.

is this because there servers are not of a good quality or is it just the games netcode no matter how good your server is?

also most server seem to be co-op but i really enjoy the HOLD type of game play like berzerk.

we have 3 of us who are m8s in real life from London UK who are thinking of getting a 64 public server to host HOLD PVP but firstly i just want to know if it will run lag free and at what cost.

i would imagine the server would coust around £80 - 120 pounds or so but anyone got any more concrete prices or the best way to go about it.

does anyone know of a good arma II dedicated server hosting company?

would hiring a dedicated server be a better idea?

much appreciated any advice.

p.s

also looking for another 3 - 5 people from the UK / Europe to spread the cost per month if possible and play online with for better teamwork on ventrillo.

not looking to start a squad / clan for the public server so dont have to leave your current squad / clans or anything.

i would just love a 64 man hold public server to play on whenever i fancy a game that was as lag free as possible.

if anyone is interested then post here and ill pm my contact details.

Edited by Snelz

UKgame.com i use and they are superb.

they do 64 man servers on arma II?

i see they have arma listed but not arma II and on arma is only a 10 man or 20 man option.

sure is cheap aswell.

20 slots for 15 notes more or less so would only be 45 quid for 60 slot?

edit emailed them and they do for around £60 a month... thanks for recommendation

Edited by Snelz

Hi.

I hope you'll be able to host a lag free HOLD server, personally I prefer the proper Hold gamemode, I think it's more fun than Berzerk.

Especially the Castle map is great, I'd be happy to see another server running this map in Hold mode.

There are more than enough Coop servers, so any hold server is very welcome.

If you ask me most of the 64player servers lag due to the netcode and the fact the dedicated server.exe is beta

I own 2 dedicated servers and i did set up a berzerk server on a q6600 machine and even tho it had 4 dedicated cores it had join in progress lag and seem to lag like hell over 40 to 50 players even tho server had 40+ fps out of 50

Also arma2 only seems to use around 35% out of 100% on 4cores. Thats not even 2 cores geting used. Also berzerk and hold maps have no ai so dual core server would be enough. Your prob better of waiting till bis release the next dedicated server.exe to see if it uses multicore better

we host arma II prices are about to change a little but you will be able to get a 64 man server for around £70 per month with free teamspeak

so far our test server HellForgedIt #1 runs fine although there are occasional crashes with the game missions (mainly in evo when an su crashes into a ka-52 above your head)

hardware wise = Intel Quad Core i7, 12GB DDR3, 100mbp/s

but again as mentioned before dedicated arma II is still beta so it will improove

cheers fella's for advice ill think ill wait until next dedicated server.exe in that case..

would love a 128 man server with no lag then, do you think once the server exe is updated it could be possible t have 128 with little lag or no lag?

cheers fella's for advice ill think ill wait until next dedicated server.exe in that case..

would love a 128 man server with no lag then, do you think once the server exe is updated it could be possible t have 128 with little lag or no lag?

Hard to say. Depends if they fix the join in progress lag problem which has been a problem sence arma1.

128 man means you need to use 4teams. can only have 32 players per team if you didnt know.

128 man means you need to use 4teams. can only have 32 players per team if you didnt know.

What? You could have 127 V 1 if you wanted. Whose says there is a 32 player per team limit.

It is completely possible to have over 100 people with no lag. Please bear in mind that the simpler and less complicated you keep your PvP mission the better. Charlie Foxtrot has run many nights with up to 100 people (and ran ArmA I to 128) with no lag.

If in doubt, please click on my sig and check out historical data. It is possible. Now if only they would improve the sever.exe then we could go further, much further.

Edited by Mickd

What? You could have 127 V 1 if you wanted. Whose says there is a 32 player per team limit.

It is completely possible to have over 100 people with no lag. Please bear in mind that the simpler and less complicated you keep your PvP mission the better. Charlie Foxtrot has run many nights with up to 100 people (and ran ArmA I to 128) with no lag.

If in doubt, please click on my sig and check out historical data. It is possible. Now if only they would improve the sever.exe then we could go further, much further.

Well sence arma1 only 32 slots per team was possable. 2 teams = 64 players. 4 teams 128 players. I never seen a 2 team player vs player map use more then 64 slots in public games.

Well sence arma1 only 32 slots per team was possable. 2 teams = 64 players. 4 teams 128 players. I never seen a 2 team player vs player map use more then 64 slots in public games.

Completely wrong

At the moment the beta_server exe is not reliable to handle anything above

80 for PvP

55-60 for Coop

The desync/freeze caused by the JIP may become unbearable.

It is like the EXE forgets about all the players playing the game and tries to update the JIP player resulting in huge lag spikes for the in-game players.

BIS really has to test his netcode for JIP lag in 50+ players conditions and need to contact other servers who run 60-70+ players for stability check.

I hope BIS contacts more with respectable community servers more to develop/test dedicated server EXEs. I am sure most will be more than willing to cooperate on such an issue.

Edited by Cross

Hi all

Good to see more Hold servers.

Kind regards walker