Sign in to follow this  
topeira

Creating a PBO file and turning CPP into BIN

hi guys.

i followed some instructions by XY20032004 (thanks, mate) cuz i wanted to edit the clutter distance in the game.

I used the keyget tools to extract the Chernarus.PBO file and i got a "chernarus" folder after extracting the PBO and within it i had 2 files (WRP file and a config.BIN file). i turned the bin file into a cpp and edited the value XY told me (distClutter) from 125 to 200.

then i right clicked that folder (after removing the BIN file from there completely) and created a PBO file from the WRP file and the CPP file and got a PBO file which had these 2 files in it.

then i created a @grass\addons folder and copyed the PBO i made. tried to lunch the game -

ERROR that said:

config: some input after endOfFile

tried to copy the chernarus.pbo.bi.bisign with the pbo and same error again.

what am i doing wrong ?

You made a fault in editing the config most likely.

Post it in pastebin and post the link.

i dont know what is the pastepin but here is the CPP file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dmjo2myhz3c/config.cpp

i didnt do anything but change the calutterdist value to 200. that's it.

i did it afew times to make sure im not changing anything besides that value and i still get that error :(

p.s. - should i include the chernarus.pbo.bi.bisign file too? the original one, i mean.

Edited by topeira

http://pastebin.com/f312443a9

here is the file.

the only line i changed is line 204. value from 125 to 400.

does it help?

but it doesnt matter what i changed. if i create the CPP file and i dont touch it at all i still get that error.

may i compressed it wrong with the tools? i dont know. something about what i did before of after the editing of the file is wrong. i dont know what

Try with BinPBO with the binarized switch on. The CPP file will not be turned into a bin file unless you binarize the PBO while your creating it.

thanks fortan but u guys, i know u r trying to help but im so new to editing that riddles dont get me far at all :(

i dotn know how to use binPBO and when i direct it to the folder "chernarus" and press PACK i get this error:

Required application CFGconvert not found in

what's that? how do i use this binpbo? what do i type and where? i saw the readme but it didnt say anything about that error. that error only happens when i try to binarize....

jeese. i need more than 3 programs just to do one single thing?!...

Edited by topeira

No, you don't need them, BinPBO needs them. See it as "plugin", sort of.

Anyway, it seems that you either don't have CFGconvert installed or the install is screwed. If you installed BIS tools completely, then it should be there. Maybe reinstalling the tools might help.

However, i saw one major problem in your config (not your fault, don't worry). I assume you used armaunbin to unbinarize a config on which you based your work. Sadly armaunbin drops some content that is required, the [].

You can add them yourself. They are needed whenever after a = follows a {

An example:

units = {"Chernarus"};

this should look this way:

units[] = {"Chernarus"};

Only if there's a = before a { it needs those [] before it. Don't add them to such things:

class Chernarus {

Thats something different.

Go through your whole config and add those square brackets where needed.

thanks mike! however using the replace action in notepad takes ages for such a file and the notepad CTDs on get stuck on my computer.

is there another way to turn the BIN to CPP without armabin? i dont want the need to do this :(

EDIT:

ok, i use "unrap" to turn the bin to a cpp and it seems like the CPP file is no build currectly (there are no spaces between the left side of the document and the texts) but i get the [] where needed.

i tried to create a PBO with the original tools and when i run the game with my modded PBO in the editor i dont even get a chernarus island :( i copied the chernarus.pbo.bi.bisign too but to no avail.

i thought that maybe the problem was with how i created the PBO so i went back to BinPBO and tried to create a PBO in the same way that didnt work yesterday because fo the plugin. now i get a different error:

required application binarize not found

so i decided to try and reinstall the binpbo. i did and i think this time i didnt get an error.

maybe something got FUBAR with the first installation.

i tried everything again -

created the CPP with unrap, edited what i wanted and tried to get everything back to a PBO with binpbo and this time i get an error from WINDOWS (the normal small window with blue header) that says binarize had encountered and error and needs to close. this error happens while im createing the PBO. after i accept the error (what other choices do i have?) the binpbo continues to make the PBO and finishes.

when i try to run arma2 i get an error in the lunch of the game, the game lunches and i still dont get a "chernarus" island in the editor and the normal missions work but present no change (prolly loaded the original files).

geeze this is way more complicated than what it should have been

Edited by topeira

I'm having the same problem - unpacked chernarus.pbo then unbinarised config.bin to do a minor edit (zero probability of rabbits) and then repacked the pbo and I get that "some input afterendof file"

- ok, my problem is the lack of [] as well - going to have to manually go thru the whole thing.

EDIT: found a program called "unRap.exe" that properly unpacks config.bin files.

Edited by Chumba