Sign in to follow this  
whopper_with_cheese

Earthquake?

Just playing around in editor to test what video settings to use, shot a KA52 with Stinger as he was approaching me at the port/harbour.

He veered to left, just managed to land (crash) on the edge of the port, then a section of the ground suddenly shot up underneath him...is this a common occurence ?

arma2%202009-07-12%2011-31-40-53.jpg

arma2%202009-07-12%2011-32-12-18.jpg

Common occurence ?

hahaha. thats a new one. :P I dont think that is something that should be happening :P

The stone port sections go up when destroyed, probably because they are placed kinda in the ground and go up to ground level when destroyed. Just a rough guess though.

The stone port sections go up when destroyed, probably because they are placed kinda in the ground and go up to ground level when destroyed. Just a rough guess though.

I am sorry, but please point that out in pics.

I am sorry, but please point that out in pics.

They would look exactly the same as the pics the topicstarter made. :confused:

If you bomb or crash into the some areas of the port - big objects will rise up from the ground looking like houses without windows kinda. The whole port came up for me when i artilleried it.

I forgot to add this where it belongs when i found it - Bug Report Thread

You can have the honors of doing it. ;) Please make sure to do it easily read. Lets work together and give BIS as much info as possible.

Alex

Whatever you are talking about, guys, is not clearly visible to me.

Please make a dramatic screenshots on a video.

It´s a specific damage action that´s missing from the harbour promenade - the same happens with the firewood stacks since ArmA1 because BI prolly forgot to implement something there. Those objects will just turn 90° sideways and loose their geolod (meaning you can walk through it) upon reaching a damage level of 1

What exactly am I looking at?

A section of harbour. That a helicopter has crashed into. That has been destroyed. And unexpectedly raised into the air like some weird zombie harbour.

...is what you are looking at. Certainly one of the more interesting bugs.

Whatever you are talking about, guys, is not clearly visible to me.

Please make a dramatic screenshots on a video.

18 posts since 2002, and 3 of them in this thread!

the thing the helicopter is leaning on shouldnt be there.

wow. Some of you guys are either blind or plain stupid. There is a big as house looking thing on the road. It shouldnt be there. Take a better look and you will understand. Does the thing that the helicopter is leaning towards look natural to you???

facepalm.jpg

I am sorry. I wasn't arguing against anything.

Just trying to understand what others are saying.

Forgive me for not seeing gosu details.

Acrh2, look at Whopper's 1st and 3rd images that he posted on the first page of this topic, they are of the same area being viewed from the same angle. In the 3rd image is the before scene, the 1st image is what happened afterwards. Basically a large, slightly rectangular concrete block shot up out of the ground after some form of terrain damage occured (am I correct that was one of the possible triggers?).

If you still cannot see this, then you are either really, really dense, or you are attempting to troll us.

ok, got it reproducible now.

placed a non-flying ka52 such that it explodes at the start of the attached 'mission':

http://bradensmith.com/arma2/forumpics/whopper_with_bugs.zip

its in the LOS of the sniper from across the harbour.

doesnt cause the harbour section to raise 100% of the time, maybe 80% ... so try it a couple of times.

I now get a much larger section of the harbour raising. Unfortunately this screenshot is a little hazy...in game was much clearer.

arma2%202009-07-12%2015-46-11-59.jpg

Acrh2, look at Whopper's 1st and 3rd images that he posted on the first page of this topic, they are of the same area being viewed from the same angle. In the 3rd image is the before scene, the 1st image is what happened afterwards. Basically a large, slightly rectangular concrete block shot up out of the ground after some form of terrain damage occured (am I correct that was one of the possible triggers?).

If you still cannot see this, then you are either really, really dense, or you are attempting to troll us.

They are not of the same angle, dumdum.

I asked to post comparative images, those weren't it.

And I have no reason to troll anyone, just curious.

EDIT: If someone is too lazy to take screenshots from the same angle, they shouldn't be posting.

Edited by acrh2

considering YOU still couldnt see the problem AFTER i put the 'BEFORE' picture in (just for you) from the SAME angle... maybe you should refrain from posting ?

everyone else coped..sorry if it was so taxing and i didnt create a dramatic video...will get Spielberg on the case

They are not of the same angle, dumdum.

I asked to post comparative images, those weren't it.

And I have no reason to troll anyone, just curious.

EDIT: If someone is too lazy to take screenshots from the same angle, they shouldn't be posting.

Yes they are you stupid shit. LOOK HERE:

[ig]http://draculabus.com/steakslim/Random%20Images/issteakslimgonnahavetochokeabitch.jpg[/img]>100kb

8/10, good job, damn troll.

edit: and yes I misspelled "your" so don't fucking start.

edit2: fixed spelling error anyways, because someone would bust my balls over it

Edited by Placebo

considering YOU still couldnt see the problem AFTER i put the 'BEFORE' picture in (just for you) from the SAME angle... maybe you should refrain from posting ?

everyone else coped..sorry if it was so taxing and i didnt create a dramatic video...will get Spielberg on the case

Yeah, I shouldn't even try to reply to bug posts.

Shooting 1 window breaks all the others in a building (this is an actual bug).

Top that!

Edited by acrh2

Yes they are you stupid shit. LOOK HERE:

[im]http://draculabus.com/steakslim/Random%20Images/issteakslimgonnahavetochokeabitch.jpg[/img]

8/10, good job, damn troll.

edit: and yes I misspelled "your" so don't fucking start.

Not the same angle, moron. I don't care what you think you are trying to prove. Make it from the same angle.

Edited by Placebo

Among millions of bugs, this thread should be noticed...

Tough luck!

that's it, i'm requesting this thread to be pruned.

does PRUNE mean removing the trollers comments, or remove the whole thread ? if the latter - i will move the evidence to the 'bug' thread