well a MW mech is something I dont like I might have 2 or 3 to satify people such as youselves and call them Relics of past mech designs but the suggestion is noted

Hey just a suggestion but why don't you do mechs in the Universal timeline like more in order? Say for concept to see if mechs even work in the game start with building the RX-75 Guntank, it'd be simpilar to create I'd think, since this was the way the Original Federation designers thought it would be easier too.

I mean by all means it's your project I was just thinking though when it came down to mech versus mech having the different MS designs from among the different eras would kind of be unfair if that was the limit of our options to choose initially.

Though I can see why you primarily are using the Gundam as the base design since then many models and textures can be reused so it makes sense I guess.

Personally I'd like to see an actual Gundam mod, with Zeon and Federation infantry and tanks, and then have Mobile Suits around as well for MS to MS combat.

I guess what I'm saying is that although Mobile Suits are obviously the centerpoint of the Gundam series we must not forget that there was a ground war going on as well and even after MS started being used infantry were still in use.

the MW mechs may not look that good but theyre killers and theyre More of the Attack stuff like tanks Btw try the Series mechwarrior came from : Battletech the pics arent good but they have loads of mechs ( some even are a mix between humaniud/battlemech style )

OK so now I have corrected my forum topic and I will do this more properly.

Until I am ready to show you the RX-78 model at a considerable amount complete.I will show those who may not recognize this name but the pictures.

UPDATE #1

gffgundamsm3.jpg

My goal for the mechs in the mod is to have them do everything or close as possible to the animation with aerial combat being seperat mechs and ground mechs being seperate aswell.

Things To model and create for the RX-78:

Cockpit

Walking animation

Combat animations

Complete Model of RX-78

Update #2

Update1-1.jpg

BASE MESH(Basically my "pre-model" to get everything ready b4 detailing it it looks incomplete becuase a entire model isnt needed only half)

*Admins sry if my pic my be a bit to large:(

Nice update. I expect a continuation :)

click

I think this will fit Xeno's Evolution best ;)

It is interesting consideration.

The Pandora beetle what is everyones thoughts?

Should appeal to you MW fans right

Edited by Hboybowen

If your going to have mechs, have proper mechs, not giant metal men.. My opinion anyway. The gundam mechs just don't look sci-fi to me.. I think the Steel Battalion mechs look really cool.

steelbattmechin1.jpg

vt_il02.jpg

Edited by MadCatChiken

Since this is a mech and Sci-fi mod I'd have a request should you decide on doing Steel Battalion mechs, do Metal Gear Ray and Metal Gear Rex so we can finally make Metal Gear type missions. :)

If your going to have mechs, have proper mechs, not giant metal men.. My opinion anyway. The gundam mechs just don't look sci-fi to me.. I think the Steel Battalion mechs look really cool.

I agrees. I also think a rougher design as nice.

This is a mech which I was making in ofp and arma.

314lvlojjjlsl500aa280.th.jpg

wanpic1.th.jpg

The 4-leg mech has the balance of mobility and stability :cool:

Well, I am thinking about making a HAW-206 REV2 for my school-grad-project. Actually, I have done quite bit research and the weapon-systems definately seems to be doable, but ofcourse, I have about half-year time to work with this little addon and I will try to do my best in order to archieve my objectives.

(Also, I didn't draw that picture, but since that's in digital format and my own drawings are in physical, its easier to get the general picture.)

rendered beetle

Nice pic :) but seemed too many polygon.

this project is suspended until techinal problems are solved or until a better scripter decides to help

What are the technical problems of non-wheeled vehicles? I'm interested in messing around with the development tools to see what can be done.

even still I need a scripter to go any further dont care about their skill level just need some?

You should look at this guys stuff.

http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=69530

I would post the pic but it is rather large.

Matt has done some amazing mechs, as have a couple others (especially verybad). The game they made those mechs for, MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries, is going to be released free in the next month. Good stuff.

Matt has done some amazing mechs, as have a couple others (especially verybad). The game they made those mechs for, MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries, is going to be released free in the next month. Good stuff.

Yeah and being such an old game I figure the poly count is already pretty low, which would make it easier to port them over if you got permission for their use.