OK so now I have corrected my forum topic and I will do this more properly.

Until I am ready to show you the RX-78 model at a considerable amount complete.I will show those who may not recognize this name but the pictures.

UPDATE #1

gffgundamsm3.jpg

My goal for the mechs in the mod is to have them do everything or close as possible to the animation with aerial combat being seperat mechs and ground mechs being seperate aswell.

Things To model and create for the RX-78:

Cockpit

Walking animation

Combat animations

Complete Model of RX-78

Update #2

Update1-1.jpg

BASE MESH(Basically my "pre-model" to get everything ready b4 detailing it it looks incomplete becuase a entire model isnt needed only half)

*Admins sry if my pic my be a bit to large:(

Update #3

PandoraBeetle-1.png

The Pandora Beetle Mech is a model I did not design but I editing it for Arma 2 and the mod it will be a mobile HQ and have anti Air tech and size will be almost 3 roads wide and 3 buses tall but it cant obvisously enter any urban environment but combats in a wood and other open environments.

Edited by Hboybowen

Mechs ^^

Really though, mechs, if animation issues can be figured out, would work quite fine in ArmA/Arma 2: I tried some out back in OFP, and they were a blast to walk around with/shoot at people with!

So good luck. :)

Regards,

Wolfrug

Pulse rifles to keep infantry in style :)

ok maybe this is a good thread to recommend active camouflage. predator style with multiple points of refraction.

i am gonna start on it now since I the mod tools are out now .Does anyone have interest in helping out. im still in planning but once I release a model or two of a mech and a infantry soldier then I should get more people onboard most likely but I you want in now pm me or email me at: hboybowen18@fullsail.edu

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

136 kb

This obviously isnt mine but im linking this because I would do something similar to this for soldier outfits except i would loose the helmet and make the outfit design more comfortable with less plating near the groin area and completely scratch the heavy duty spine guard. Plus since this is someone elses concept I would change a few things to make it my own.But I will most likely base mine off these. The weapons I will not use at all because I have my own weapon design that I will model.

*Any suggestions on infantry and mechs please post because I am still thinking if I should use landwalker style mechs on gundam style mechs but my scale I will use will be no larger than a light pole most likely

Edited by W0lle

How far into the future do you want to go? I mean 2050-2100 where you can still see traces of current weaponry(eg. firearms, AT missile launchers etc) or year 2100+ with lasers and other star wars stuff...

well I mean if I have mechs then it would be a alternate reality maybe about 2040 or so but if you mean like laser guns and other Star Wars contents then little to zero. There will be little to no laser weapons.I was thinking about having realistic uses of lasers such as in Sniper Rifles but nothing to extreme that will remind you of Star Wars.

Great than! I also think Star Wars stuff should remain... well in Star Wars :D. You could look for inspiration for your infantry at the models made for EndWar game. They were some of the coolest near future infantry models ever made!(just a personal opinion)

I don't know, there are tons of old and new games that do a great job at mecha combat, I don't think Arma could bring anything new to the genre. Arma is missing the damage system and weapon effects that are standard in these games, plus you still have the HUGE task of getting the legs moving and walking. If you make it I'll download it though!

Yeah it would be difficult to do walking animations etc but it'll be awesome in the end. Actually maybe some mechs from Steel Battalion would be pretty awesome.

What about a Sci-fi mod based on the Warhammer 40k world. Space Marines, Orks, Eldar etc etc

Or what about not going to sci fi but more high tech. Like maybe a land warrior system, light sqaud uavs stuff like that. More future weapons. Like i remember reading something about small rocket pod containing about a dozen or so rockets carried by platoons or sqauds to be used as indirect fire, using laser designaters on the land warrior system.

That is true Arma will not bring much new to mech and sci-fi games but it can be done and with realism which Im achieving.Ive decided to use Gundams instead of normal mechs and but I will reveal some of my plans but as I make progress I will reveal more.Right now Im modeling RX-78 Gundam:cool:

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Classes(if my sentence structure is crap sry)

The mod will have infantry classes.Each class has special gadgets and widgets special to it that makes it unique and enhances gameplay:

Support Gunner

It very slow moving but quite combatant against huge player numbers but very slow and shooting becomes very blinding due to the heavy gun flashes that blind you but are quite steady and less reflex. Has no stealth capability at all and easy to track and spot.

Sniper

Very silent and quick in moving than other players

Can use special widgets and to track down unseen targets with a GPS like tool but last a limited timeframe per use

Can get “Shot Stealth†which is where you can stealth for 10 seconds every 5 minutes before or after shots

Can be hard to detect if you have the gadget called “GPS Silent†which erases your trail and signature from anyone’s GPS for 20 seconds

Secret Assassin

A very limited amount allowed on the field at any time

In very high stealth at all times if cover is blown you have weapons like medical knives that kill on with 2 good stabs if your 50% health 4 if your 100%(damage system subject to change)

The only gun a Secret assassin has is a hybrid of the ghost high powered pistol but mostly uses knives and permanent and activated stealth functions

Demolition

Basically a vehicle and Mech killer mostly uses weapons for mass destruction instead of focused fire

Has no stealth abilities and very similar to the support gunner class

Rifleman

Player chooses which rifle to use

Has the basic equipment

No major stealth here either but can use it limited to 20 seconds tops in cloaked

Carries no special equipment or abilities

Again this is just a basic outline of each infantry class and some abilities not all.Right now Im working on a base mesh for RX-78-2 Gundam

I like your infantry classes but I think its a bit unbalanced. For example if an infantry platoon runs into a mech they are pretty much f***ed. If the Demolition guy dies the entire platoon will be defenseless against the mech or if the Demo guy manages to use his weapons he will most likely kill all his buddies in the process(weapons of/for mass destruction?). Perhaps you should give the rifleman some AT capabilities but not as efficient as the Demolition.

I remember Battlefield 2042 or what it was called had Emp grenades that infantery could use to temporary disable mechs :)

Could also make them do some damage too at the same time ;)

prob solved maybe , just how to make the fx maybe? A a bunch of small sparks flying around in a sphere around the grenade when it impacts?

removing the fuel maybe for some time or so at impact of emp?

The fact that you have trees and mountains to contend with is a rarity in most mech games.

Mech games always have land that doesn't exist in the real world, rounded hills, grassless plains ,cities with more than enough room to land a 747.

These all make running around in a mech game great for mindless fun, but suck for a true sim feel.

One crappy tactic in a mech game / fps, would be to wait near a boundary / invisible wall and kill anyone trying to flank you....in arma2 I can flank 2 miles down the road and kill you....no invisible walls, only real world obstacles.

So yes ,even a light test mech would be awesome to play with.

SOA... I didn't know anyone that knew about that game besides me.

On topic..

It would be neat to have a mech, but you would need to base it around the same principles as the tank where it would have hitboxes for things like legs, body and arms.

Personally I would start with something more akin to a Terminator suit of armor from Warhammer 40k, or an elemental from battletech. Basically a battletech mod for Arma 2 would be amazing as it would incorporate all the same elements as the standard game but add suits, mechs and high end weaponry.

You might consider talking to the folks that are making the mod for Crysis using Mechwarrior/Battletech and see if you could even use some of their models. If so that could start a crossover and really help you along. If not then possibly talk to the folks that do renders of mechs for Mechwarrior 4 at mektek and see if one of them can help you along.

I like mech project :)

Moving a huge bipedal mech well needs much work. First of all, you should start with four-foot walking mech. Compared with a two-foot walk mech, even if a leg does not carry out animation of the four-foot walk mech, it is not so unnatural. Moreover, since a tank and the mechanism are near, it can advance so that a tank addon may be made.

Hey Gigan I sent u a pm asking would you like to join the team.PLZ PM me back

BluFor-Nato

Mechs:

Light

RX-78 Gundam

GM Gundam

Medium-Assualt

Icarus Gundam

AMX-103 Gundam

Heavy

FAZZ Gundam

Full Armor ZZ Gundam

MK II Titan Gundam

Hyaku Shiki

These will be the only mechs NATO uses as of right now I am modeling RX-78 atm will post the progress when I i get a clear understanding of the forum image posting rules after my warning when I post the infantry outfit we will model.I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR MODELERS AND/R PROGRAMMERS FOR A2.PM ME IF YOUR INTERESTED.

Progress will be posted constantly and fan suggestions are extremely taken into consideration

*"Asian Union" list wont come until NATO is done and some of the scripting is started or completed

Edited by Hboybowen

Here come some real mech's not the manga comic ones =p http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/9/8528/67764.jpg -< the Vulture Battle mech ( best pic i could find atm) the Madcat (Heavy battle mech)-> http://gallery.mcneel.com/fullsize/madcat.jpg

http://mechwarrior.mytopix.com/img/u/uziel-0.jpg the uziel Medium battle mech

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechwarrior-living-legends/images/inner-sphere-battlemech-fafnir#imagebox the Fafnir heavy assault Mech (has quite a few weapons) (also look on that sitefor more inspiration Most models there are from aMod But the Mechs Are from thegame series Mechwarrior )

theMauler heavy/assault 90-99 tons[Type iscalles by weight 90-100 tons+ is assault) : http://mechwarrior.mytopix.com/mauler/

This is all i couldfind for tonight i know there are many good mechs =p ( These ones are easy to give weapons And are more usefull for a Tank/vehicle role the ones who can carry rifles could be Infantry Exo suits Hehe

SOA... I didn't know anyone that knew about that game besides me.QUOTE]

It was, and still is a good game :)

-----------------------------------

on topic

I'm only familiar with the newer anime "Mobile Suit Gundam 00". I liked the early earth defense mechs in that show , big lumbering machines bristling with weapons, tied to the laws of physics.

Did they ever fully explain how building sized mobile suits/gundams could move so fast ,and stop on a dime in the first series ? In Mobile Suit Gundam 00 they explained it with GN particles/drive.

This mod sounds intresting, can't wait to see how it all turns out.

I'm happy for any sci-fi mixed into my favorite game....just gives us so many options. :D