Sign in to follow this  
Landstriker

You either like the game or you dont.

In reply to this thread which got closed before i could write my reply.

Arma2 Really?

I'm gonna do a complement sandwich; courtesy of family guy; start off with good, then move on to something bad and finish with something good.

<GOOD>So, good job on finishing the game

<BAD> All those years working on it and you still can see through walls which is dumb and ruins any sort of multiplayer game, clipping is as bad as it was with ofp and ai shoots you through vegetation and stuff where human couldn't possibly see through. There are far better shooting games where this isn't a problem

And the bouncy tanks and vehicles, ridiculous damage model for vehicles and planes, gotta love slamming into the ground, bouncing around and then blowing up 3 seconds later. Again, other games accomplish a better job doing this. ha! Grand theft auto lets you drive fly and shoot. Same engine as ofp eh?

Absolutely hate your dumb idea of points unlocking to even test gear. Am I acquiring skills? Improving a character? If I wanted an rpg I can play fallout3. How can you complete challenges when you got 2 other pop up in the mean time. And I was driving a zodiac for a pick up mission, noticed troops standing on the surface of water and they won't get in the boat.

Good job there BIS!

And why have all the faces and voices in your profile edit if you can't even edit your main character. If I wanted to be a homeboy game driving around and shooting I'll play GTA

<And GOOD> Well the graphics look good, and wow, you get how many square miles of terrain. Really musta impressed all those turds at GC with your high def vids and screens

Maybe I'll drive around the map in my skoda acquiring points for dropping off hookers in those miniskirts (nice touch) HA!

I just had to register to post my disappointment with this game. If anyone as any positive thoughts about this game, please share them with me cause it's going back to the store next week.

Even before i read any reviews or saw any videos of ArmA 2 i knew i just had to get it. As a big fan of the original Operation Flashpoint it was just a MUST.

Yes, the game is buggy, and sometimes it could seem like its just a "polished" version of the original ArmA, but i would never got as far as comparing it too OFP.

Most games or gamers these days (least the younger) likes games where they can jump around and shoot through 4 sets of walls or throw a nade across the entire map and kill 5 guys from the start. I like games where you actually have to LEARN them in order to get good in them, like OFP, ArmA and now ArmA 2. Sure, the game has it's bugs, some which will probably never get entirely fixed, but thats kinda the "charm" about the ArmA series. You either learn to live with them or you don't.

I suggest you find yourself a good server or just a couple of friends to play with and i can promise you that your second impression of the game will be a lot better, bugs or not.

Well said, indeed. I'm a fan of Operation Flashpoint too, and it's one of the best games me and my friends have played together.

Even though Arma II has its own little bugs, it looks very promising and we've managed to waste hours just by messing around with the weapons and vehicles - not to mention smaller co-op missions we've made. It's far from a disappointment!

Not to mention the fact that that poster couldn't figure out that if he wanted to mess around with weapons and units he could just use the editor and not have to unlock anything. I think I spent three minutes total in the armory in Armas 1 and 2.

The references to RPG elements reveal a lack of even a rudimentary understanding of how to play this game.

There. That feels better.

Not to mention the fact that that poster couldn't figure out that if he wanted to mess around with weapons and units he could just use the editor and not have to unlock anything. I think I spent three minutes total in the armory in Armas 1 and 2.

I look at the armory as sort of a mini-game.

Carefull guys this is turning into another " fanboy " thread :)

When we close a thread, we mean it that way. If we leave it open, you can answer there.

Closing.