Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Graphic Artifacts BIG TIME

Whenever I host a local or internet server, just to play custom missions or Warfare, I get Uber graphic artifacts, then the game freezes and stops responding.

All hardware stays below 55 deg C at max settings, I checked.

Athlon 5600+ 2x1MB lvl2 cache, 2.8 GHz

GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition, Overclocked more, custom cooling (GTX 285 clocks)

Biostar TF520-A2 motherboard

6GB DDR2 800 RAM (:()

186.18 WHQL graphics driver

I think that's all that matters really.

Have you tried it on the default clock speeds for your card? Artefacts are not always related to heat. The card might not like your overclock on Arma2.

Have you tried it on the default clock speeds for your card? Artefacts are not always related to heat. The card might not like your overclock on Arma2.

Yes I've tried reducing the frequency of the CPU as well just for shits-n'-giggles. Still no dice.

Keep in mind this doesn't ever happen in Single Player.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

It can be NVIDIA's drivers not playing friendly with ArmA2 right now. But one of my friends with a 4870 was artifacting last night with 100% fan speed but doesn't do that in Crysis or other games.

Try lowering your graphics memory setting down to medium or low, if you have a 512MB card.

If its higher, try high or very high settings.

FFS do you even READ the stickied threads ABOVE this one ? Go read those don't open new ones.

It's a known problem.

If its that easy, Kremator, why not post a link, to the post, that fixes this problem?

They guys spent his money and it doesn't work, stop bad mouthing him.

They are found AT THE TOP of this forum. This thread needs to be closed..... too many like it.

There is a thread for graphic cards already - I recommend READING that before anyone else posts.