Sign in to follow this  
jw custom

Trigger a flare

I cannot understand this thing guys. example: I'm a blufor soldier. if OPFOR find me, I want it to fire a flare. How to do that? I cannot understand

Hi Bioz

please download this guide it's for armed assault but it's still relevant for mission editing. it will explain mostly everything you need to know.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

Take also a look at the stickies above. There you find everything to missionb editing related stuff.

I cannot understand this thing guys. example: I'm a blufor soldier. if OPFOR find me, I want it to fire a flare. How to do that? I cannot understand

Bioz try this:

In a mission, put player down, and then an AI opfor down in the distance give him a move waypoint to where you are,

but a little bit before where you are put a trigger down.

Set the trigger for OPFOR present

under variable name put

pos

then in the

activation line put:

flare = "F_40mm_white" createVehicle [getPos pos select 0, getPos pos select 1, 250];  

make the trigger 50x 50 rectangle, and make sure you setup your OPFOR's waypoint so that he walks through it.

Set the time for evening or night, and then save, hit preview, and the flare launches 25m into the sky.

Now you can change some stuff, the color of the flare, and the height of it, so you change these codes:

flare = "F_40mm_white" createVehicle [getPos pos select 0, getPos pos select 1, 250];  

make white be green, or red, and make 250, 100, or whatever.

understand, try it.

If you want Ill send you the editor folder for the mission and you can see it for yourself in the editor.

oh many thanks guys, now it works.. I was not able to get it work thanks for the help

what condition should be in () if I want OPFOR to detect BLUFOR when my team(BLUFOR) enters this trigger?

I don't see any response to this.

Would (alive=true) be proper?

I apologize as I am STILL trying to understand scripting!

THANKS!