Sign in to follow this  
CaptRio

Not enough AI enemies?

Hey guys!

Im loving the game! For real!

But when playing COOPS, I miss those really intense firefights. I mean....I think theres never enough enemies defending an objective.

Usually there are a few one on the MGs, a few armor or armoured cars, and VERY few soldiers.

Maybe thats me, but thats waht Ive been experiecing so far.

I think i have to agree with this one, theres much less AI and thats what feels like its missing compared to what i experienced in arma 1

and there are also some frustrating bugs in some missions, like no enemies in Berezino.. can this be fixed, for example? Or that terrible bug with haloeing.. :)

Presumably you are talking about Evolution or Domination?

There can be a ton of soldiers and tanks around. Its usually more a matter of everyone having that big assault instead of dropping in after one or two snipers have cleared the entire town of infantry and you drop in as a machinegunner to face 4 tanks.

But unfortunetly, the mission designers didnt seem to have anticipated that idiots would drive the MHQ/LKW straight into combat or that ranked up personel dont somehow get the magical ability to fly a helicopter just because their rank says so, nevermind people finding the ever so elusive and hidden teleportation flag.

When you get 6-8 people assaulting a town with 5+ armoured vehicles and 30+ infantry... It can be intense. Otherwise its clunky, complicated and generally more about transportation (as usual). The silly thing is that you dont need MHQ, LKWs, helo airlifts or 10,000m HALO from the center of the map. Just give a squadleader the ability to smack down a "beacon" that make people paradrop over its location. Respawn problem solved, you can up the amount of enemies so that its really a challenge. Ya, I just stole that from Battlefield 2142. It works :p

Edited by Murklor

However enemies you meet in COOP missions are up to how the mission maker designed the mission.

ArmA2 doesn't have less enemies than ArmA. Okay, maybe a bit, due to the increased complexity of the AI so servers can't handle as many, but I don't think that will even be very noticable unless you start getting in the 100+ AI range. Generally it all depends on mission design.

i just uploaded a map that you will like about 800+ bots using the urban Patrol Script and others

Attach the major city on foot. its like some Blackhawk down Sh.....

Roof tops and firefights block to block.

PM me for the server

You guys have some monster nasa servers or what?

I've asked this before but never got a conclusive reply from server admins...

How much is too much?

I think that on the safe side anything behiond 50 a.i. should be carefully respawned and that is already alot of units running around.

You guys have some monster nasa servers or what?

I've asked this before but never got a conclusive reply from server admins...

How much is too much?

I think that on the safe side anything behiond 50 a.i. should be carefully respawned and that is already alot of units running around.

yea you are right about the 50 Ai but i have the map cut down to one town.

so its just us the city and the ai.

Im running and i7 OC to 4.19 and SLi and i have to run my settings at low~Med @1920 x 1200

other clan members are using Tripplehead2go runing about the same settings

and same frames.

I havent had more than 10 people playing the Map yet so im sure it will take a hit. but it wasnt ment for more than 20 Players Coop.

Im going to take the plunge and just trigger groups instead of placeing 144 groups of Opfor...lolol

and running some new Server config soon as Wolf gaming gets back to me.