Sign in to follow this  
Recoilless

Multiple Artillery Barrages

I have set up some artillery by copy and pasting the stuff from the example mission on the biki, but it can only be used once. Does any one know how I can get multiple artillery strikes of a type so; for example I could have one HE strike and two WP strikes?

Recoilless: If you are using the Secop Manager method, you need to add the secop supports again for each kind of artillery barrage you want. This can be accomplished through triggers, through a script that gives you the supports on a periodic basis, or through numerous other methods.

The key her is that you need to add a new support request each time.

Like the title says, I'm trying to get the artillery to fire more than just once. I'm using the downloaded example mission from the wiki with the MLRS on the southwest island. I don't have an option to call in more arty after the first strike. Thx in advance.

Like the title says, I'm trying to get the artillery to fire more than just once. I'm using the downloaded example mission from the wiki with the MLRS on the southwest island. I don't have an option to call in more arty after the first strike. Thx in advance.

I believe in that mission you can use the radio menu to order more artillery strikes.

Alternatively, you could write a script that will detect when an artillery strike has ended, wait X amount of time and then give you another artillery strike. I wasn't able to find a BIS function that will do something like that for you.

Took me some researching to figure it out but you have to "reload" the artillery by pressing the +1Artillery Barrage Secop line on the radio from the map. I didn't even know the radio was used this way. Thought it was just a graphic to say that you had a radio to use. You can also teleport this way as well on that demo mission.

Threads merged, please search before posting.

Took me some researching to figure it out but you have to "reload" the artillery by pressing the +1Artillery Barrage Secop line on the radio from the map. I didn't even know the radio was used this way. Thought it was just a graphic to say that you had a radio to use. You can also teleport this way as well on that demo mission.

Yup and if you set said radio trigger from "Once" to "Repeatedly" you can use the radio to call it as many times as you like.

Njayjay,

Check what shanawa mentioned above, that will do it. Also there's a bunch of different example missions floating around here. Check the largest Artillery and SecOps threads in this section, those things are jam packed full of examples, discussions, code, etc. for setting pretty much every type of artillery option available. I got a few personal sample missions as well. If you really need them just shoot me a PM and I'll clean 'em up and send 'em your way.

Edited by Manzilla

Guys this just isn't working for me. I've set the som gamelogic trigger to once and Radio Alpha trigger to repeatedly, but I can't get a second barrage. It just won't show up in my communications menu. And pressing the #1 Artillery Barrage message on my map radio graphic doesn't do anything. Any advice?

Never mind. ;) Figured it out. Forgot to transfer some script lines to the Radio Alpha trigger.

Edited by franx
Update