Sign in to follow this  
Minizzzile

Server MOTD repeating

Is there something I can place in the server.cfg file that will constantly repeat the MOTD at a certain interval of our choosing?

motdInterval=160;

That will make the MOTD repeat every 160 seconds but you need to copy and paste your MOTD lots of times first otherwise there will be nothing to repeat.

ookay, So can I just take the globalserver.sqf file and place it in my addons and leave out the rest? Because I only want the message part, not the "no-grass" mod

ookay, So can I just take the globalserver.sqf file and place it in my addons and leave out the rest? Because I only want the message part, not the "no-grass" mod

The globalServer.sqf goes in your main ArmA directory, you can modify it at will, ie remove the TerrainDetail and setViewDistance thigs, etc..., to just keep the loop repeating messages

I guess as this multimessaging is part of the mod, so you still have to start the mod with your server to get it working. That "globalServer.sqf" File won´t be working just from alone being there.

However, i found out in that "nograss"-Folder and below that there are two more globalserver.sqf-Files with different confusing stuff in it.

Is it possible for someone to "mod" that "no-grass-Mod" to a "server-multimessaging-mod" so that "normal" people like me just can use it without taking any grass off?

I guess as this multimessaging is part of the mod, so you still have to start the mod with your server to get it working. That "globalServer.sqf" File won´t be working just from alone being there.

However, i found out in that "nograss"-Folder and below that there are two more globalserver.sqf-Files with different confusing stuff in it.

Is it possible for someone to "mod" that "no-grass-Mod" to a "server-multimessaging-mod" so that "normal" people like me just can use it without taking any grass off?

Hmm, I wouldn't think this would be the case. If I'm correct, and I very well may not be, -nograss just points the server towards the mod folder with the specified name and thus loads what is in there.

The globalserver.sqf doesn't go in the mod's folder so I didn't think anything like that should be done. Can anyone confirm this?

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Will do this evening

Ahh! Thank you whisper! I look forward to getting it going tonight :)

Here we go :

http://dump.no/files/e21d53d85540/serverSide.rar

I called it "serverSide"

So your mod line should be

-mod=serverSide

Unrar at ArmA2 main directory, edit the globalServer.sqf file in main ArmA2 dir to change the message lines, tweak the timings if needed, I think I commented the script enough ;)

Grass removal is disabled here (ie grass will be untouched), I left the option as a comment though.

I removed the unneeded files

Strange. What does the server .RPT says when a client connects?

Hey up whisper, been trying to get this working for some time with no luck,, any ideas ? i have the serverside directory with addons, and the SQF file in the main directory,

"C:\Documents and Settings\server\Desktop\ArmA 2\ArmA2Server.exe" -name=server2 -config=server2\Server.cfg -cfg=server2\Arma2.cfg -profiles=server2 -mod=serverside -cpu=4
Edited by Taxman