Sign in to follow this  
joethe33

Question about editor mode..

How do I spawn vehicles without crew? Every time I try it attempts to take off. I just want to put down a bunch of empty, usable vehicles/ assets.

Edited by joethe33

Just press f1, then doubleclick the map (in editor) and as side choose "Empty" ... and thats it :)

I was trying to do that today, and discovered that the "empty" category is not there until you have placed a unit as "player" first. Maybe a bug?

I was trying to do that today, and discovered that the "empty" category is not there until you have placed a unit as "player" first. Maybe a bug?

It's not a bug. How can you try empty vehicles in game if you haven't assigned a player yet? You need a player and can then use your vehicles.

Can't be a bug. The editor warns you that "no player is selected" the minute you place a unit that isn't the player!

No in editor put a random vechile down on the map then go to the unit mode go to the faction section there should now be a option for empty choose that u can put a vechile that you want down on the map empty it will display orange indicating the object is empty. keep the tank down on tha map till u got empty then when u got it you can delete the other one there you go.

Hello joethe33,

To place an empty vehicle in your map you have to:

1. Double-click anywhere on the map to bring up the units userface.

2. Change the "Control" from Player to Non-Playable.

3. Now, two more sides can be chosen. Pick the side "Empty."

4. Choose the type of vehicle/object class

5. Select the vehicle/object from the "Unit:" section.

By the way, if you get a message that states, "No player is selected," it most likely because you're using the single-player editor and to preview the map you would need a unit with the control set to "player." However, it is easily bypassed by pressing "okay" and setting a unit to "player" later on.

Does putting down a vehicle from the empty category allow you to pilot/drive said vehicle? I seem to remember not being able to get into it when I tried this.

Does putting down a vehicle from the empty category allow you to pilot/drive said vehicle? I seem to remember not being able to get into it when I tried this.

yes, you can drive any 'empty' placed vehicle, provided you do not place it 'locked'

just pay attention to the selected parameters during unit selection.

-Ziggy-;1351906']yes' date=' you can drive any 'empty' placed vehicle, provided you do not place it 'locked'

just pay attention to the selected parameters during unit selection.[/quote']

Does the 'default' setting in the Vehcile Locked Parameter prevent you from driving at all? I recently couldn't fly a grounded helicopter, but could sit in all the seats.